PDA

View Full Version : Does this ever end?

anx mum
11-04-09, 11:20
Alot of u probly know ive been doing really well lately but the last few days been feeling really anxious its horrible been getting panic attacks even at home. Got both my boys with me today and not coping so sick of this.:weep:

nikita
11-04-09, 11:49
oh luvvie. you know how it goes, good days and bad days. i dont know if it ever ends, like you ive had anxiety for 20yrs. im having a bad day myself today and keep trying to tell myself that ive felt like this before and i got through it and it goes away. but at the time it feels so awful. just keep as busy as poss and if you have anything to help you, take it, i.e. kalms or a xanax or something?

anx mum
11-04-09, 11:52
Just think your bk 2 normal then another one happens and its so scarey. Have got diazpam.

nikita
11-04-09, 11:54
I know! take your diazpam then, that will help you a bit. Do you think anything triggered it today or did it just come on (as it does!)

anx mum
11-04-09, 11:59
Dont know boys r playing up abit. Normally come out of blue there scare u 2 death dont they how often do u get them?

nikita
11-04-09, 12:03
They terrify me every time. Its hard to say how often i get them because i could go for weeks without one, then could have a couple a week and i dont really know what triggers them though if was drinking the night before i seem more prone to getting them. this time im really upset as i think my boyfriend wants to break up with me and i havnt been able to sleep so im tired and i cant eat.

anx mum
11-04-09, 12:06
Ah hun sorry 2 hear that is he supportive. Do u get panic free years. Ive had 4 bad attacks since 17 im now 30. My last attack came bk in sept

nikita
11-04-09, 12:10
he is very supportive and thats why im so upset that i think he is breaking up with me. I had a few panic free years when my kids were younger, probably coz so busy etc and had no time to focus on me. i do find kids are great to take your mind of it

anx mum
11-04-09, 12:13
Yeah thats what ive been like had 4 bad attacks since 17. Im starting 2 think they never leave u. R u on meds? Do u see a councillor?

nikita
11-04-09, 12:19
i do see a counsellor and she is good to talk too etc but its once a week and you know yourself, she isnt there when im having an attack. i have gerax (xanax) that i take if im having an attack and im on tenormin for high blood pressure.

anx mum
11-04-09, 12:26
Where u from hun? Is that drug like diazpam?

nikita
11-04-09, 12:27
i live in west ireland. im not sure if its the same or not.

anx mum
11-04-09, 12:38
R u on msn or facebook?

nikita
11-04-09, 13:15
Yes I am on facebook, you?

vickykelly
11-04-09, 15:22
ah hun hang in there i had them for years then been ok for 3 and back again ill tex you make sure your ok x

Insomniac
11-04-09, 22:27
Does it ever end?

I really don't know the answer to that. I suspect for myself its just part of me, like the depression, and learning to cope with it is what we need to do. I am taking seroxat at the moment (and have diazepam for difficult days like flying, dentist etc).

I have been doing really well, but Thurday night had a bad time thinking about the future, my possible death and coping with it from an anxiety point of view. which made me feel sick, hot & cold, palpitations and all that usual stuff! Then I listened to my relaxation CD and concentrated on my breathing and fell asleep after a while. So though its still here, I guess I am more in control that I used to be.

I do still worry, and think that what if it never goes away, but I do believe that I am more in control, and can get things back a bit, even if the panic sometimes comes back in waves, I can usually cope.

Last couple of days have been hard, (and I'm not even pre-menstrual lol), but luckily my hubby is absolutely brilliant. This site is great too. You know you are not alone. :)