PDA

View Full Version : calling all mums (or dads)

fairymary
11-04-09, 13:41
How do you cope with the anxiety and panic when you have young children.
My daughter is 3, I am a stay at home mum. I have had a panic attack today whilst I was out and could really have done with half an hour to lay down and do my relaxation cd and get myself back together. There is no way you can do this when your child is constantly wanting attention. I dont think there is an answer to this, just wondered if anyone else is going through the same.

emma30982
11-04-09, 13:49
your much stronger then me i experianced this anxiety and panic for the first time in january which in turn made me depressed and i had to leave my kids with there father in australia and return home to london. so i think you should be proud of yourself. when people mention the fight or flight response i think i took it quite litually and took a flight home.
big hug
emma

dweener
12-04-09, 15:21
hi i joined this site and havent posted but now feel it is time, as i sit here alone on easter sunday cause my panic has got the better of me. my daughter is just over a year old and i am full of dread not just that i cant cope to look after her on my own but also that i have been signed off on the sick for the past month and can't see a way that i can return to work which leads me to despair at how i can finacally support her either. i'm so low that ive sat here finding the right words to ask my partner to leave me and take my daughter with him so i dont ruin their lifes anymore as i cant see an end to my panic.

fairymary
13-04-09, 18:55
Thankyou everyone for the replies. Dweener please dont ask your partner to leave and take your daughter with him. You can get over this. I was on citalopram for a year and it worked for me, but I came of it at Christmas. I am seriously thinking about going back on it. Are you on any medication?

dweener
14-04-09, 14:40
i am on mitazapen and dizapam as and when i need it, however the treatment team have just told me that i wont be getting anymore of that:weep:
Even more worried now as my partner phoned asking for a doctor to come to see me as i'm really not coping however he ended up talking to my health vistor who visited immediatly and made it clear that something had to be done to ensure the safety of my daughter am i now on a slippery slope to losing her.

fairymary
15-04-09, 07:52
Hi Dweener, how can they just stop your medication? Is it just panic attacks you suffer with? Im sure you wont lose your daughter, you have a partner, does he help and what about family.

dweener
15-04-09, 09:44
They r stopping me having diazapan because of it being highly addictive. my partner and family don't know what to do and are starting to find it hard to deal with. i have panic attacks mostly when trying to go out the depression has set in really bad due to the fear of never going out again.

luigi44
15-04-09, 13:05
hi all, just found out the web site www.controllinganxiety.com (http://www.controllinganxiety.com) . there are some useful free downloads mp3. you could just put them on your ipod or download them to your PC. They are free!!!
Tonight I will go home and download them all .......... hopefully they will help me, and you of course.
cheers.
:yahoo: