PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone....

luchipoo
11-04-09, 15:45
I've been perusing this website for a while and have finally built up the confidence to actually write something..

I'm 23 and I've been suffering with health anxiety for the past month or so. I'm not entirely sure how it started but I have an incline that it was when I, for the first time, took some cannabis. I had a really bad reaction to it, I really thought I was going to die, and ever since I just haven't felt the same.

A couple of weeks after this, I started having panic attacks and getting pins and needles in my head and face. I started googling...and of course found brain tumour and MS! I ended up going to A&E twice, only for them to tell me that it was just a syptom of anxiety. I didn't believe them...but eventually the pins and needles did go away. Only to be replaced by pins and needles in my legs and arms instead...And then I found "swollen" lymph nodes in my groin, which obviously I thought was lymphoma.

So I went to see my GP who also told me it was all anxiety related. She said I should have a blood test to put my mind at rest. So I did, and everything was fine, immune system, viruses, infections, stomach, liver, kidney etc etc. I really thought at the time that this would put my mind at rest but it didn't. She felt my lymph nodes and said they weren't swollen, but normal, the reason I could feel them was probably because I'm quite slim, and she was not worried about them. Coupled with my blood test results she found no need to carry out further investigations. So I forgot about that too...

Recently I have been getting pains in my stomach, my uterus area, which I went to the doctor about, and she said was probably hormonal. But now I am getting pains in my legs and my hip bones feel sensitive to the touch. I have no idea what this is and it really worries me...I don't know what is real and anxiety induced pain anymore. I'm worried I might have ovarian/cervical/uterine cancer and I'm just so so scared. I also have a recently founded fear of HIV - I had an experience about 8 years ago which has only really dawned on me and started affecting me. Surely after 8 years, my immune system would start to be affected?! I just don't know. But this is really affecting my life, it's all-consuming and I just don't know what to do anymore.

I hope I haven't bored you all too much with my excessively long post...I've found some of your posts an absolute salvation when I've been feeling really down and needed to hear something from someone who actually knows how it feels to be like this...I hope to hear back from you all xxxxxx

emma30982
11-04-09, 15:55
hi there my anxiety symtoms are aches and pains tinggling etc i to have had blood tests scan loads of gp checks ie eyes spin heart rate blood pressure all fine. i also get stomach cramps and pains in my hips but are all anxiety related. mine overwhelmed me so much i ended up on meds, so try not to worry so much and put it down to anxiety if you find its getting worse please contact your gp as they have good advise to offer.
goodluck
emma x

luchipoo
11-04-09, 16:03
Thank you so much, that is really comforting :) It's really reassuring to know it's not just me x

kittykat
12-04-09, 16:04
Hi there and :welcome: to the site, lots of good advice and support here, the chatroom is very good as well, take care xx

Southern_Belle
12-04-09, 19:06
Hi,

Welcome to NMP. Many here will understand how you are feeling and will give their support.

Take care,

Laura

rhianna
12-04-09, 20:17
Hi

Know exactly how you fel. Keep your chin up.x