PDA

View Full Version : new member hypochondrisis

rhianna
11-04-09, 17:46
Hi

I think I have entered the website in the wromg orders o I'm correcting it now I've joined because I'm desperate to find support from others who know how I'm feeling which hopefully will help me stop feeling like I'm losing my mind. My present fear is a brain tumour. I've been told by my GP that it's cluster headaches but my stabbing eye pain doesn't seem to fit with what I've read and the pain is not intolerable all the time. My fear is like a fog. I know the strategies to use but can't seem to apply them when the fear grips me. Does anyone know what I mean?

bottleblond
11-04-09, 18:37
Hi Rhianna

Welcome along to NMP :flowers:

Have a good read through the forum hun and i am sure you will see many posts by members who have similar problems as yourself.

Take care

Lisa
x

luchipoo
11-04-09, 18:46
Hi Rhianna

There are some really good forums on here related to that kind of thing so have a look around. Type it in the search box! I have had exactly the same thing - about a month ago I was getting pins and needles in my head and weird pressure as well, which often resulted in a really bad headache right behind my eye. My doctor said they were tension headaches - you have muscles around your head and down your neck which can tense up, often due to stress! I know it feels weird and it really freaked me out too but mine have now stopped - I thought it was a brain tumour too! You'll be fine x

rhianna
11-04-09, 19:54
.Thankyou. Its just good to know someone understands

katiewoo
11-04-09, 22:30
i feel exactly the same honey...except mine is stabbing pains in my head...im convinced ill have a brain heamorrage or have a brain tumour - i want it to stop so i know how you feel.
do you take anything when you get these headaches? iv found tiger balm really helpful xxx

kittykat
12-04-09, 16:02
Hi there and :welcome: to the site, lots of good advice and support here, the chatroom is very good as well, take care xx

Southern_Belle
12-04-09, 19:03
Hi Rhianna,

Welcome to NMP. Many here will understand how you are feeling and will give their support. I get migraines and have heard that cluster headaches are a form of migraines so I can empathize with your pain. Hope you feel better soon.

Take care,

Laura

Seanpat
13-04-09, 04:26
I have been through very similar problems. Currently I think I have MS because I have numbness and tingling in my arms and hands that migrates around my body like little electric shocks or pins and needles. I have had nerve conduction studies and MRI of back and neck, all were negative. I have read on this website that my symptoms can be caused by the anxiety. I used to have the heart attack/stroke panic attacks for years. Had no panic attacks for two years, went to rehab quit drinking and got in great physical shape and it appears the the anxiety has come back in another form. I am tempted to go get an MRI of the brain to rule out MS but I know that this will be feeding into my fears. Any advice in particular about the symptoms being caused by the anxiety? I have it everday for a couple weeks now and seems to get better when I am distracted but have it most of the time. Please help if you can.