PDA

View Full Version : Girly question - Mini pill

Spiller
12-04-09, 00:56
Hi. I am wondering if my anxiety etc could have been made worse by the pill i am on. I am taking Micronor which is the one hormone pill aka the mini pill.

Does anyone know if it could help changing to the normal pill? could this help??

Thanks

Sarah x

eternally optimistic
12-04-09, 07:48
Hi Sarah

Not sure about changing from a particular type to another, but I think there is certainly a connection.

I happened to mention my heightened anxiety during certain times of the month and the doctor did recommend me to change. I didnt get around to doing that as I wasnt sure of the realiabilty of the pill.

It is probably something worth discussing with your GP.

Dahlia
12-04-09, 12:29
Hi Sarah

I know the mini pill is more likely to cause depression. I told my GP my anxiety was worse before my period (I wanted to go on the pill to stop it), and he said he wasn't keen on giving me the mini pill as it can make moods worse.

I never had any problems with the combined pill, although I know a couple of people who felt depressed with it. My understanding is that you are less likely to be depressed (and, presumably, anxious as the two states seem to be linked) with the combined pill.

HTH

Dahlia