PDA

View Full Version : Thank You!

PoppyC
12-04-09, 09:20
Hi everyone :)
Thank You to all those who helped when I was having a panic attack last night.
It eventually passed after one hour! It was horrible - I was so sick - I have not had one since last August and it was really bad. :weep:
I took on board the kind advice that was given to me and eventually it worked for me.
I feel exhausted now and very shaky still but so glad that the panic has gone.
Thank You once again though to everyone who replied to me - it really was a big help knowing that I had this place to turn to. :flowers:

Insomniac
12-04-09, 09:32
Glad to hear you're feeling a bit better this morning! :flowers:

Kells81
12-04-09, 10:02
Hiya

I am glad you are feeling a bit better now.

If it ever happens again you need to remember this time and keep reminding yourself that no matter how bad you felt you got through it!

Enjoy your day xxx

PoppyC
12-04-09, 18:40
Hi again
Thanks for replies. Having a better day but still feel shaky. I certainly didnt expect to have a panic attack whilst on citalopram! :wacko:

Insomniac
13-04-09, 10:25
Very glad to hear you having a better day. The shakiness will go, its just your body getting over what it thought was fight or flight. You've done really well, and sound ever so positive, well done!!

Sometimes these things do sneak up on us.... I'm on seroxat and still get them, not so often though, and now I also feel more able to think about my breathing and try to stay in control.

Even though the feelings are terrible at the time, I think I have reached a point where (on a good day!) I can believe that this is just something which gets on my nerves and I try not to give it more importance than that, like a child having a tantrum, ignoring it and distracting myself pretending it doesn't matter, until it gets fed up of trying to get a reaction..... it works sometimes too! :shades: