PDA

View Full Version : Ahhh First nose bleed!!! Help

Maybe_Baby
12-04-09, 10:46
Ok, so i was just sitting & felt something trickling down my face, turns out im having a nose bleed.
im shaking & scared as its my first... what should i do? the bleeding doesn't seem to be stopping..
im feeling dizzy & panicy :(

sharona
12-04-09, 11:20
Hi
I think if it don't stop you need to rng NHS direct who will give you advice.

Sharon

Trixie
12-04-09, 12:14
Ok, so i was just sitting & felt something trickling down my face, turns out im having a nose bleed.
im shaking & scared as its my first... what should i do? the bleeding doesn't seem to be stopping..
im feeling dizzy & panicky :(

Tip your head back and pinch the bridge of your nose. Apply a cold item to the bridge of your nose (frozen peas will do).

My daughter use to get loads of nose bleeds when she was young some times they ran for ten minutes. Do not worry.

countrygirl
12-04-09, 22:33
Did your nose bleed stop???

My poor 85 yr old mother in law gets terrible nose bleeds due to weak blood vessels because of her age - they have stopped since they took her off aspirin!
she was told to tilt her head forward to stop the blood running down into her stomach as this wiill make you throw up and pinch the bridge of her nose very hard for minimum of 10 mins without taking the pressure off.
she was also told that if she bleeds copiously for more than half an hour she ahs to ring for an ambulance as after this time you can suffer with loss of blood and it can be serious so for future ref if you are now okay bear this in mind.
We once got to 40 mins with blood pouring from her nose and I was just about to ring ambulance when it suddelny stopped- phew

justbananas
15-04-09, 04:36
i just get them from dryness and allergies

Maybe_Baby
15-04-09, 09:39
Thanks everybody for your replies :D

it did stop eventually.. Had a few more since, know what to do now tho :)

xxx

leeann
15-04-09, 15:09
Hiya don't tip your head back, instead tilt it forward pinch the nose for ten or 20 minutes. Suck on some ice and place a cold hand towel on your forehead. I've suffered with nose bleeds since I was a child. had it Cauterize 6 years ago and they come back really bad the past 2 weeks. Had to go hospital Monday where I had to have it Cauterize took about 6 attempts so my nose is alittle painful now. Hope your ok x