PDA

View Full Version : Introduce Yourself (myself) HA! Im obviously new...

DRMAQEEN
12-04-09, 11:10
Hey everyone! Just happened to stumble accross this site during a google search,and im very thankful i did.:yahoo:
Im affectionately known as "Drmaqeen".The name fits in more ways than one...i cause ALOT of drama in my own mind,which as most of you know, is basically hell on earth:weep: Im a 34 year old mother of 4 and ive been dealing with GAD since i was about 8 years old.However it wasnt until about 3years ago, that i began to realize, that this gutwrenching fear in the pit of my stomach,wasnt just ME being a "worry wart"(my gram would always call me).I had mixed feelings at first.Was i just a person that suffered a great loss as a child and could never shake the FEAR of it happening again??:ohmy: OR was there actually something clincially wrong with me?:wacko: Well, all that did was bring on more anxiety.My mom pushing me to see a doctor and me not wanting to believe i needed one, until eventually that feeling in my gut, that,at one point,id wake up with...TRY to go to sleep with...TRY to just breathe with...became so overpowering, that it could not be ignored any longer.By the time i sought help that "little feeling in my gut" had begun to eat me alive.I was prescribed Zoloft or the generic actually(seratrilne) and after about 3 weeks i felt like a new person...like a "normal" person.So being the procrastinator that i am, i decided i was cured:yesyes: and i wouldnt have to go back to the doctors office again....:doh: ....boy was i wrong...not only did i feel this pain in my thighs that i swear went to the bone...but the anxiety returned full force after about a month.So i went back, stayed on it 3 months and guess i decided it was time to torture myself again...Hey,to be honest,i dont know what i was thinking,but it took 3 times...on again...off again...ect...until i finally said enough is enough,and now ive convinced myself ill be on this drug for the rest of my life.Ive been taking 50mg a day...consistantly...for about 8 months now.:yahoo: ahhhhh....BUT:unsure: who decides to creep back into my head and my gut again this last week?? OH YEA...my old stand by....ANXIETY!! :weep: :lac: :ohmy: :scared15: Just waking up and feeling that faint sick feeling... of some kind of invisible impending DOOM...brought it all back again...and now for the past week,im afraid to get up,for fear of THE FEAR...and im obviously having trouble sleeping again.Im guessing its time to see my doc and up the dosage?? Also ive started to notice some alarming weight gain,mostly in my belly area.Normally i weigh between 128 and 134 give or take a few pounds...ive never worried about my weight,even after 4 kids i never had a problem losing the extra pounds.I weighed myself the other day and i was alarmed...i weigh 147 now. Should i be concerned? Is this normal? Thanks for giving me a chance to give this ghastly disorder a voice.Hope to hear some input or advice.until then...just trying to cope with some nasty deja vu:blush: :roflmao: :scared15: :weep: :ohmy: :lac: :)

lorac
12-04-09, 12:40
Hi

Welcome to the site you have come to a good site for support and good advice.

Take care

Carol

emma30982
12-04-09, 15:04
hi and welcome xx

kittykat
12-04-09, 15:59
Hi there and :welcome: to the site, lots of good advice and support here, the chatroom is very good as well, take care xx

Southern_Belle
12-04-09, 19:16
Hi,

Welcome to NMP. Many here will understand how you are feeling and will give their support. I would not think that after 8 months you would start to gain weight due to the medication. I have had anxiety as long as I can remember. I started meds about 6 yrs ago and tried going off once, terrible decison for me, and again for me, have decided I'll probably be on them for a long time. If you have never tried counseling it might also help. I went to a psychologist. Also, call your doctor and they can tell you if you need to up your dosage. Glad you are here and hope you feel better soon.

Take care,

Laura