PDA

View Full Version : weight loss worried

worriedem
12-04-09, 13:42
hi,

im still really struggling with my bowel cancer worries :( even tho consultant doesnt feel need for anymore investigation ( had rigid sig last wk) wats not helping me is that since xmas iv lost 4/5 pounds without trying! i have been vv anxious and depressed but this last wk have made a real effort to eat ALOT and not gained an ounce! aswell as that i keep getting a brief dull/moderate pain in my rectum/ groin area that comes on occasionally immediately after a bm and lasts a minute or so anyone please help!!!

katiewoo
12-04-09, 17:44
hey sweetie,
i really really really wouldnt worry - i lost half a stone - so 7lbs in about a week and half just by feeling really anxious - your body goes through a bit of a rough time i think with anxiety and fear etc makes your heart pump faster and increases your metabolism...therefore burning more calories.
i havent put that half a stone back on either - thank goodness hahaha! it made me get down to my pre preg weight!! yipppeee!
pm me if you want sweetie, but honestly...your metabalism witll just be going bonkers due to fear and anxiety!
love katie xx

Maybe_Baby
12-04-09, 17:50
Hi Worriedem i completely agree with Katiewoo, anxiety can be the cause of a lot of things!!
At the beginning of december i weighted 9.5 stone, now im down to 8 stone .. xx