PDA

View Full Version : Itching

herblueness
13-08-05, 20:58
This is the 4th time I've typed this darn thing!
Hello all. I'm new and I was diagnosed 5 years ago. But for the past 3 years I have experienced an intense itching, mostly limited to my legs, with no visible markings. It is such an unnerving problem it drives me crazy sometimes. SO today, it kept me from working. I went to Urgent care and he gave me chlomipramine. I h ave read a few things on this and I have read that it has a lot of side effects. A shower or shaving usually sets off the itching, temperature change has nothing to do with it. I have eliminated regular soap and I use aveeno baby wash without actual soap in it. I have even changed my laundry detergent to dreft baby. ALso, I have used Aveeno lotion 24 hour moisturizer with menthol in it, to help relieve the itch. I use it everyday, so I know my skins not overly dry. My liver has been tested, I have had an allergy test... None of these things seems to make any difference, so I am hoping this medication helps. Has anyone had a similar problem? What kind of treatment has worked for you? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanx! [8D]

Meg
13-08-05, 21:57
Have you been given an anti histimine to try even though you had an allergy test ?
Have you been on any other meds ?

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

herblueness
13-08-05, 23:04
yes i have tried a couple of antihist, the one I remember most is benadryl. I used to take it every time but with no benefits except i would get sleepy. I have had zoloft and a couple other things i didnt use long enough to remember their names but this was three years ago. Since it wasnt constant I was not as motivated to try to fix it. Sometimes it just goes away for weeks even months at a time. The thing that bothers me most is there is no obvious trigger.

mum2four
28-10-05, 23:20
I had a intence itching for 6 year maily my tummy but when i was trying avoid scratching tummy i wouldf catch my self scratching some where els. I tryed every thing to stop the itching and the scratching it self but i could find no way to stop it. I recently started on luvox(fluvoxamine meteate) for anxiety and the intence need to sscratch reduced after the first dose and after the second dose I started to feel like the sensation that would kick start the need to scratch were no where near as intence. The third day I touch my skin with out setting of any sensation's or the need to scratch my self. It's been 4 weeks now and I have only 3 night of wanting to scratch but thay were prety easy to ignore except for one morning where I felt a more intence erg to scratch but it subsided in 1 hour with no peak to point of wanting to scream about how intence the erg was. I found it prety easy to compared to most time's to keep my hands busy i was worried it was coming back but it hasn't happen since which is good. I do get the itching back slowing if I forget to take my med's on time. With in a hour of missing a med I catch my self scratching and remember i forgot to take it.