PDA

View Full Version : Hello I'm New !

arlene
12-04-09, 18:56
Hello everyone. I found this site when I was looking for some advice on starting my new job. I've been in my current job for over 8 years and know everyone and am petrified of being the new girl and looking daft ! I don't actually start for 3 weeks yet but every time I think about it my stomach flips over! Any way, I've still got a lot to read on this site, it looks full of help and advice which is what I need as I am a social phobic and get anxiety attacks.

eurotrashcub
12-04-09, 18:59
Welcome

I hope this site helps you to manage and cope!

Read through the post because changes are that someobody has already gone thorugh your problem!

Hugs

arlene
12-04-09, 19:24
Thanks very much. I've just been reading a few other threads in the forums and didn't realise how many other people feel like I do. I have a real problem with blushing, and also the fear of blushing - so I won't speak if I think I'm going to blush and thenpeople think I'm just not friendly..... I've also looked into that op where they cut an artery - I'm amazed so many others have too! I constantly feel I'm standing the wrong way or saying the wrong thing and it's a bit of a comfort to read so many other people do too.

Southern_Belle
12-04-09, 19:27
Hi Arlene,

Welcome to NMP. Many here will understand how you are feeling and will give their support. It's always nice to know you aren't alone!

Take care,

Laura

kittykat
13-04-09, 19:47
Hi there and :welcome: to the site, lots of good advice and support on here , the chatroom is also very good, take care xx

snowdrop
14-04-09, 07:18
Arlene

Just remember on your first day of work when you walk in that door you are not alone hun...you will have all at nmp behind you!

It is daunting but we are here to help and you will meet some lovely peeps too.

Hope to see you in chat, let us know how you are getting on!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

sunshine-lady
14-04-09, 22:42
Hi and welcome to NMP

So pleased that you have found us. I am sure you will like it here as there is so much help, information and support. There is a chat room which is a great place to make new friends

Take care xxx

arlene
16-04-09, 18:45
Thank you all so much, you are so supportive, it's fantastic. I am waiting to get into the chatroom as I only joined 4 days ago! 1 more day to go !