PDA

View Full Version : ALchol and Anxiety

Lawton86
12-04-09, 20:42
Hey Again guys,

Do many of you get tempted to just drink a bottle of wine or the drink of your choice just to cure the anxiety for one night? i get tempted with it all the time, the only thing that stops me is the fact i know i will wake up with twice the anxiety tommorrow. Its such an easy cure to anxiety, not a good one or long lasting one, but very easy for short term that sometimes the temptation gets the better of me, but if i really hit the drink hard to feel 'normal' i can guarantee a panic attack the next day.

Anyone else find alchol cures anxiety for the very short term?

GirlAfraid23
12-04-09, 20:55
I can relate to this!!!!

I was scared of turning alcoholic because of it for a while :sad:

keith113
12-04-09, 21:26
Drinking to help your anxiety might help for the night. Long term it doesn't work. I found that out the hard way!

nikkipops
12-04-09, 21:40
I get tempted to do the same thing, but it's never really worth the hassle in the long run! I also have a cigarette very occasionally for short term relief, as this won't make me more anxious afterwards, but I guess getting hooked and having to give up would be a stress I don't really need...

KOKO23CAT
12-04-09, 21:41
even one glass of wine can mess me up for weeks. What i do is get up in the morning and remind myself how much worse i would feel if i'd drunk the night before!

alfisback1
13-04-09, 11:56
Anxiety keeps me from drinking near any alcohol, if I have one drink I start fretting what it might do, so I stop.