PDA

View Full Version : moving

lostdaydreaming
13-04-09, 00:58
i have lived at my townhouse for the last 3 years but i maybe moving soon to a house that is 8 houses down from my moms. im ecited and scared. my moms has always been my safe house i used to run back when i would have bad panic attacks at stay a few days, i even moved home for a year. but over the last 3 years i have found myself not leaveing my townhouse not even to go to my moms because im scared i will 1-not feel safe anymore and have a panic attack or 2-not want to leave aain and when i go home i wont feel as safe.

i have made my townhouse my home i feel safe there and im scared about movin nayone have anytips?

my best strugle is with "not feelin real" or thinking "its a dream". im so scared il move and want to run o my twnhouse but i wont be able to.

im at my moms now its goin good but i still have that fear how i will i feel when i et home will i want to run back here or feel safe home.

Insomniac
13-04-09, 11:02
Sounds like your mum is really supportive, thats great! I feel sure she will help you with your house move.

Moving isnt easy for anyone, but us anxious folk do find it harder, but before you know it you will be settled in your new place and have all your things around you again.

Its not so much the building, but having supportive people, and having all your personal things around you which help. I'm sure you will soon find that your "safe space" travels with you and you feel settled again.

Good luck with the move!:flowers: There is always somewhere here at NMP to help and support. Finding this place has been my lifesaver, or sanity saver at least.:)

Casey
15-04-09, 06:05
I found moving to be really helpful for my anxiety. We moved house 4 months ago. The actual shifting part was a bit stressful but it did take my mind off myself, which was nice for a change. And actually, being in my new house, it's hard to explain, broke some old patterns? I've been better since we moved anyway. So it has been really positive for me. Best of luck!

Eva May
15-04-09, 13:01
I'm moving shortly too. I lost my job so can't afford to stay where I am anymore. Also my house is in a hilly area and the time of the snow totally freaked me out because it was so difficult to drive so I'm moving to a low lying area now. Also there is a pub near where I am now and that sometimes panics me, the noise and the music won't let me sleep. I've also been in my house for 3 years and am worried that the move might be going from the frying pan to the fire. Let me know how you get on and I'll let you know!

patmac
15-04-09, 13:39
thats great you are moving nearer to your mum. you shouldnt feel anxiety in doing that, we moved away from my mum it was so hard moving back should be great, just keep thinking off the positives. decorating and things should keep you occupied xx

honeybee3939
15-04-09, 15:48
HI There

I moved last year and after been housebound for a few years i was dreading the thought of moving away from my safe place!:ohmy: I wont say it was easy i dont think anyone moving home finds it easy but looking back a year on i think its one the best things i ever did. I think my old house had too many bad memories for me, been trapped there etc and i honestly believe everything i did around that house became a habit! meaning it been a safe area etc.

A year on im settled here, i love it. This house isnt a safe place for me its my home and all my bad habits of what i had at my old house have disappeared. I go out alot more and enjoy life much more too.

I honestly believe the move will do you the world of good too.

Good luck with it all
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxx

lostdaydreaming
30-04-09, 15:36
thank you sorry it took so long to reply my coputer crashed i am still doing loan stuff, very stressfull. thanks for all the inoout maybe it will help me break habbits and i am looking forward to walking to my moms :) ill proally post alot during the move its self, im going to have a month to move so i can move slow. :nevours: