PDA

View Full Version : er, I'm new!

rosepetal
13-08-05, 22:55
I suffer from Depression.
I'm on Efexor....also for Anxiety (and I just did online tests that show my depression has gone down since May, but my Anxiety has gone up....and I've just realised why! Uncovering blocked repressed feelings from years back, releasing that inner pressure WOULD make me more anxious.....)
I'm in analytic psychotherapy.
I live and work in London.
Agaorapobia/Social Anxiety is one of my many Depression Complexities...and I'm looking for positive and self affirming non-judgemental, compassionate ways to deal with this...

Although I take Efexor, I also have started using Sweet Chestnut Bach Remedy....which is helping.

I am creative and that is good, too.

Hi everyone!

michelleann
13-08-05, 23:14
hi rosepetal
welcome to the site you will find lots of help and advice here
love michelle:D

Meg
13-08-05, 23:54
Hello Rose petal,

You're right- digging deep and working on yourself will have emotional effects and raising anxiety is a common one - as you continue to release stuff and dismiss it - things will improve.

The individual Bach remedies are excellent so well done for finding the one you need.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

Karen
14-08-05, 00:38
Hi Rosepetal

Welcome to the forum.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

kate
14-08-05, 09:24
Welcome to the forum, Rosepetal.

Kate x

Piglet
14-08-05, 11:44
Hi Rose petal

Lovely to meet you - maybe see you in the chatroom sometime.

love Piglet:D

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

lainey
14-08-05, 12:51
Hi Rosepetal

Welcome to the forum.

Take care

Elaine x

sueiamnew
14-08-05, 13:25
Hi and Welcome Rosepetal.

nomorepanic
14-08-05, 13:33
Hi Rosepetal

A warm welcome aboard the forum and I hope we can be of some help.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

pinkscrumpy
14-08-05, 21:41
Hi Rosepetal

Welcome to the site

:D:D

MANDIE XX

pips
15-08-05, 15:31
Hi Rosepetal,

A BIG warm welcome to the site I do hope it helps you.

Take care,

Love PIP'S X X

rosepetal
16-08-05, 16:25
hi everyone, thank you so much for your warm and supportive welcomes....

rp

rosepetal
18-01-06, 19:49
um I know I posted this aeons ago (last August when I joined...) but as I've not been around much I just wanted to bump this up so folks know a bit more about me.[:P]

update is I'm diagnosed with recurrent depressive disorder (including anxiety and panic attacks)
I'm now also on mirtazapine (remeron/zispin) and am about to halve the efexor dose....not that my anxiety and depression have gone away....but there is more life inbetween the pits of hell....

I'm still working 30 hours a week...amazingly enough to me....

and I'm going through the 2nd deepest anxiety provoking aspects of my past in therapy....the first deepest being my very early childhood...now we're into the oedipal material....I didn't think it applied to me until I've started to feel it.....so, [Yeah!]this is me. Katie. 35. Bookaholic and trying to manage a life around all my mental health difficulties....getting the help I needed years ago...now.....

nomorepanic
18-01-06, 19:55
Hi and thanks for coming back to see us again and post.

Since August have you managed any other life changes that have helped - diet, exercise etc?

Well done on keeping on working.

Nicola

clickaway
18-01-06, 20:41
Hi Katie,

I do hope that you are enjoying life to the full as far as this thing allows us anyway.

Good for you that you are still working 30 hours a week!

Ray

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

rosepetal
18-01-06, 21:02
thank you Nicola and Ray.

um, exercise? I am 5 foot tall and weigh just under 7 stone...so don't need to exercise much...and I don't have the energy...I do walk everywhere I can....and when I have enough energy or need to work off some anger I skip with a skipping rope. I used to dance a lot, and do try to occasionally (at home in my room) when I'm inspired and have enough energy.
diet? I do try and eat 3 meals a day and not skip lunch....but its kind of hard with nauseous feelings from my med combo, and consequent lack of appetite....I don't tend to eat....much.....when I do its balanced enough, and I take a zinc and vitamin c supplement- when I was severely depressed and barely eating I had some hair loss, and the zinc is to try and counteract that. I also take magnesium supplement that mostly helps with the awful PMS I get.....tho I've run out at the moment...

life in general?
I do get out a bit more..even if its to sit in McDonald's easy everything cyber cafe with a milkshake and support forums, at least I'm not at home on my own in my room.
I still am reclusive and have no social life, my friends haven't bothered to keep in touch, and I haven't had the energy to reach out to them (fearing rejection) and so now it feels too late and I've lost everyone.

On the plus side, I do flatshare with a married couple, and they got a cat at Christmas so Dizzy is keeping me a bit of company....I miss my old cat, Pebbles, who I lost to diabetes, after nursing her with daily insulin injections etc, 2 and a half years ago.

Also, I help out on another support site, and that boosts my self esteem a bit, since I had to leave a therapy training MA course when it all got too much for me.....to use my skills somewhere is important to me.

nomorepanic
18-01-06, 21:36
Hi again

Well I meant the exercise for the help with anxiety etc more than diet,but I need to do both lol.

You may find that although you don't think you have the energy it really helps to exercise and you feel even more energised afterwards.

Could you maybe contact some old friends for a chat. They may be keeping their distance cos they thought you needed to be alone?

I am glad you are happy where you are living and cats are great company aren't they?

Well done on the other support site - can you tell us which one ? I am always interested to hear about other sites cos I can link to them etc.

Nicola

Meg
18-01-06, 23:17
Hi

Glad to hear you've been doing ok

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?