PDA

View Full Version : introducing me !!

Jjeni
13-04-09, 12:27
Hi all - im kinda not new but i havent been on for a while my names jeni and im 31 single mum of just one - I have suffered with anxiety for many years but the last couple have been hell - i get bouts of depression too but the anxiety makes me worse - i also have ibs although thats fairly under control. My anxiety is mainly GAD but i have Health anxiety too. This is all made worse that im on my own every day as my parents and family dont understand or want to understand and i cant talk to them about anythign as they all think im going round the bloody twist x

I live in the uk in the midlands and thats about me :)

Southern_Belle
13-04-09, 13:01
Hi Jeni,

Welcome to NMP. Many here will understand how you are feeling and will give their support.

Take care,

Laura

anx mum
13-04-09, 14:06
Hi jeni. I too suffer with anxiety and panic attacks have done since 17 on and off im now 30. Its so hard when u have no support and noone understands must b hard. Alot of prople dont understand unless they have had it themselves.

Utility
13-04-09, 17:22
Hi

That's the whole point of this site. Support, help, understanding, information and the realisation that you are not alone with this.

luigi44
13-04-09, 19:41
Hi all,
it's my turn now. I've been suffering from this 'thing' that I don't really know what it is. doctors say they are panic attacks but I do feel there is more to it. Doctors are only interested in trying to suppress the symptoms whereas I'm more trying to find out the cause of it. I think it could be globus histericus but I'm not sure, as you all know unless someone else has it they would not really understand. Found that it helps writing about it though, and hopefully getting some support from others in the same situation. Anyone out there that could tell me how long this attacks could last for? months? years? and when you get the symptoms, i.e. difficulty swallowing, short of breath feel like you are about to die or you have something much worse than what the doctors say, how long does it last for? Can you all manage all right going to work every day knowing there is noone there who could help you? Sorry, don't want to seem to depressing, but at present I'm having one ....... I hope you understand. Love to all and kind regards.:yahoo:

kittykat
13-04-09, 19:50
Hi there and :welcome: to the site, lots of good advice and support on here , the chatroom is also very good, take care xx

Lilcharlie
13-04-09, 23:27
Hello and welcome to no more panic,

Its hard when your family doesnt understand hun, The thing is until someone goes through what were going through they wont understand, glad you found this site, its fab!

Take care and hope to see you in the chat room x

snowdrop
14-04-09, 07:03
Hi Jeni

being a single mum is tough enough as it is at times, you will make loads of new friends here hun, pop into chat sometime, we have a good giggle and also help is there when you need it!

xxxx

sunshine-lady
14-04-09, 22:44
Hi and welcome to NMP

So pleased that you have found us. I am sure you will like it here as there is so much help, information and support. There is a chat room which is a great place to make new friends

Take care xxx