PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone able toi relate to this?

ali8385
13-04-09, 13:06
Hey! Hope that you are having an anxiety free Easter...I haven't posted very much on here however do get great relief from reading many of the posts. I have built up the corrage to introduce myself properley...my name is Ali, I am 24 years old, engaged my wonderful fiance Ryan and am incredibly happy...we are getting married in November after being together for 6 years. The only problem is that I have terrible anxiety and have done since I can remember...on and off but mostly on! Until the latest horrible ons et I was more or less anxiety free for around 3 years until July last year when I had a swollen lymph node, this made me incredibly anxious...I went to the Dr. and he reassured me that as it was going down this was completely normal...I felt little better after coming out of the Dr. 's surgery however I then developed a tickle in my chest and then a very annoying kind of anxious cough, which has stayed with me since October! The tighness/tickle is on the right hand side of my chest and goes at night, isn't there when I wake up in the morning but comes on by the time that I am ready to go to work in the morning...I have to admit that it does get much better or goes if I am very relaxed (however as I find it very difficult to relax and be completely distracted from anxiety this is not often). I also have a very rumply tummy on and off (agaoin better when less anxious!)...these symptoms drive me crazy but more than anything the tickle in my chest...I think about it all the time! The Dr says that it is anxiety and I am waiting for some more CBT...it can't come fast enough...this is taking away from me the joy of wedding planning and looking forward to our future...as I am just so anxious and worried all the time about my health! :blush: It drives me crazy...I am a very rational person but not when it comes to anxiety! The only other stresses in my life at the moment are being made redundant in September and my fiance being an Estate Agent...his job is not all that secure at the moment...but I don't feel like I should be stressed! I just try to get on with things...I am so sorry for rambling...would appreciate to hear from anyone else who feels similar or has had these symptoms of anxiety! Thank you for reading if you made it this far! x

Wee-Mee
13-04-09, 14:09
Oh girlie the right chest cough!! I thought I was mental when trying to explain to the doctor that it felt like it was just coming form my right lung!!

It is anxiety I think though,I'm 22 and have had asthma since I was about 7 and any sort of tickle or cough I need to go to docs to see but I know exactly what you are talking about.

It almost sounds like fake cough. On me anyways! And it prob goes away at night when you're sleeping or that because yo aren't aware and thinking about it.

When I've had it in the past it feels like it's coming from my right vocal cord and right lung and when I cough it goes away but as son as I swallow again it comes back. It is annoying. Try sipping warm water.Not boiling hot but just enough so you can drink it. I found it helped..and ice cream.

Alternating between the two and I also found that putting a hot water bottle on my chest seems to soothe it.

I felt like by doing things to soothe a "cough" seemed to make me feel I was "getting better" Like playing tricks on my mind.I can't exlplain but I just hope that I helped slightly if not by even just letting ya know that you aren't alone in having that.

Wee-Mee
13-04-09, 14:22
P.s congrats on getting married!!!

*happy dance*

ali8385
13-04-09, 15:48
Thank you so much for your post hun! Really appreciate it and so pleased (although not pleased that you have to go through it but I am sure you understand what I mean!) that you can relate to me! The cough is so irritating, I agree though, it is much better when eating! Also kind of feels better when i cough then comes stright back, I can not cough and nothing happens too! Very weird...:shrug: I have half wondered in my long list of other things if it is asthma!? I don't really feel breathless but sometimes the tight chest makes me feel like I perhaps do! Oh I am crazy, perhaps it is all in my mind! It's just finding what helps it and I am so sure that I want to just enjoy planning the wedding and so scared that I will have a tight anxious chest on the day as it over takes my mind...aggghhhhhhh !!

Utility
13-04-09, 16:32
Hi

Yes it is all anxiety related and the best way to overcome this is by distraction and relaxtion. It won't happen overnight but it will get better.

ali8385
13-04-09, 16:41
Thank you Utility, do you ever think that it is crazy that all of this can be caused by anxiety? I just feel panicky all the time, I have to admit that I cannot relax because of the anxiety symptoms...it is just such a visious circle!

luchipoo
13-04-09, 17:50
I totally know what you mean - and it is sometimes hard to believe that all of these symptoms are anxiety related. I found a good website on here which someone posted showing all symptoms you might get from anxiety - it is very interesting and reassuring, have a read!

http://www.anxietycentre.com/anxiety-symptoms.shtml

x