PDA

View Full Version : Hi I am new

porcupine
13-04-09, 20:03
Hi Everyone

Came across this site and decided to join

I am a male in my forties married with one son

Trouble is i feel I suffer from Carcinophobia, A day does not go by without me thinking that I may be getting a cancer

Spots on my skin, lumps under my skin, headaches all get checked out to be nothing to worry about

I am at my wits end with these negative thoughts and i don't know how I am going to improve, i know my wife is sick and tired of my worries

Don't know what to do for the best, hope some one on here can help me to move on

rhianna
13-04-09, 20:10
Me too.
Understand completely.

Joined this site at weekend but feel I'm beyond help. have suffered cancer phobia for nearly 20 years, Every scan /test under sun. All negative but am i n total fear at the moment of a brain tumor. feel have wasted my life in fear. There must be light at the end of the tunnel.

amandaj
13-04-09, 20:23
hi youll get lots of help and advice here ,i also worry constantly about the worse hope to speak to you soon
amanda

Lilcharlie
13-04-09, 23:23
Hello and welcome to no more panic,

Everyone is great on here, I have found this a great help!

I suffer exactly the same things as you, I always think i have something wrong with me, I keep thinking i have got a cancer, i get a headache and automatically alarms ringing telling me i have a brain tumor, its a visious circle,

Hope to speak to you some more, and maybe see you in the chat room x

snowdrop
14-04-09, 07:11
Porcupine!!

You are not alone hun, so many suffer from anxiety of the big 'C' i had no idea it even had a name!

Pop into chat sometime, you will meet some lovely peeps who are going through the same and you will see there can be light at the end of the tunnel and you can get back on track.

See you in there soon I hope :hugs:

xxxx

Southern_Belle
14-04-09, 15:49
Hi Porcupine,

Welcome to NMP. Many here will understand how you are feeling and will give their support. If I were you, I would make an appointment with a Dermatologist and get checked out, then you would know that you are okay and have nothing to worry about. I do this once a year because I am so fair skinned and lived in Florida most of my life, it really does ease your mind. It's always nice to know you aren't alone!

Take care,

Laura

porcupine
14-04-09, 19:07
Hi everyone

Thanks for making me feel so welcome and its comforting to know I am not alone with my negative thoughts

Hope to speak with you all soon

Kind Regards to everyone
Porcupine

sunshine-lady
14-04-09, 22:36
Hi and welcome to NMP

So pleased that you have found us. I am sure you will like it here as there is so much help, information and support. There is a chat room which is a great place to make new friends

Take care xxx

kittykat
15-04-09, 13:33
Hi there and :welcome: to the site, lots of good advice on here, and the chatroom is very good as well, take care xx