PDA

View Full Version : Magnesium helps Palps - but how much?

pi_panic
14-04-09, 07:19
Hey there,

I found about about magnesium supplements about 12 months ago from this site - and (for me) it was a miracle-drug.

I have had anxiety and palps since I was a kid (now 35) and within a week my anxiety just vanished and the palps went way down.

I was taking 1 400mg tablet (Solgar) of Magnesium Citrate daily.

Over time I found that when I got sick the palps would come back, they usually start 1 or 2 days before I get symptoms (like the flu or cold) and they're so regular that I just think of them as a heads-up to the oncoming sickness. As soon as I get better the palps cease.

Fast forward a year - now I'm getting migraines that give me unsteadiness for 3 - 5 weeks after and leave me sleeping ALOT (16hrs a day) while my brain re-wires itself from the migraine. I don't get many (only 3 in the past 18 months - and each case it was my fault (did something stupid) to bring them on.

I find the palps are back in force, as is the anxiety, I think it's because I'm under constant stress/anxiety over the unsteadiness and the way it effects my quality of life, and also I just was on vacation for a month where i hardly ate anything each day - compared to my usually healthy diet.

Whew - long introduction.

Just wondering what the recommended dosage was for magnesium and should I be taking CITRATE or CHELATED. Also - should I be taking Calcium as well? I've heard you can take calcium to increase absorbtion - but also I've read it reduces absorbtion - I'm just confused. The Calcium I have also has a bit of Vitamin D.

I took a multivitamin the other day for the first time - and MAN did it give me energy - like I became manic when I woke up the next morning. However it also gave me a BUNCH of palps all the next day - I've done a bit of research and believe it was the B vitamins..

My diet is getting better - but in my 20's and early 30's i barely ever let a vegetable or fruit pass my lips - so I'm sure it's my fault for the deficiency.

At times like this how much magnesium can i take? I know you're supposed to be able to tell if you take too much as you will get loose stools - however i'm now taking 800mg a day (1 pill every 12 hours) and nothing seems loose to me - just the opposite actually.

Thanks!!!!!!
;)