PDA

View Full Version : Hi- I'm new and feel scared but silly!

cakechops
14-04-09, 09:33
I have been looking at this site for quite a while now as I suffer with anxiety- checking my BP at home EVERY day is not normal! I have been having constant flutterings/clunking in my chest for over 2 weeks now and have had an ECG in casualty which the doctor stated was normal and the flutterings were picked up but were missed beats which he said were harmless and fairly commom. Went on hols last week and they were awful but they went when I went walking up a mountain and they seem to subside also when I'm at work or maybe I just can't feel them!
Driving my husband MAD as he says to stop worrying about it and they'll go away. They seem worse after a few drinks especially after wine- does anyone else get this.
Sorry to ramble on but I have now bored my whole family to tears.
Thanks!

debster20
14-04-09, 10:14
Hi and welcome!! its a class sit this one like, as u say family are bored of listening but every little thing worries u?? at least on here there are others suffering with te same worries!! i have had panic attacks since last august and sometimes feel like i am having a heart attack and as u say it goes away when u are doing something more strenuous!! there is the answer for u, if u had a poorly heart u would not be able to climb a mountain!! its an awful thing though anxiety and no matter how much family tries to reassure u, u worry worse.. and yes alchol is the demon!! i enjoy a drink but kick my own panic off because i know how much it heightens my anxiety!!! read through some threads on here and u will feel much better honestly!! you only notice the flutterings when your taking notice.. little thing a counsillor told me to do when i feel like this is to swallow 3 times straight after each other and u will notice how much harder it is to swallow the 3rd time because your taking note.. yet we swallow thousands of times a day and never notice we did it.. might sound mad but always works for me telling me its only happening because im waiting for the flutters!! hope u feel better soon xx

cakechops
14-04-09, 11:33
Thanks Debster- I LOVE the swallow analagy - I am going to try and boot out the booze at is making me fat too! Thanks for the reply and for the encouragement...honestly, I feel a little better already, but still a complete headcase!

nomorepanic
14-04-09, 11:35
:welcome: aboard.

Have a read of the palpitations page on the left as that is probably what you have and it may help

cakechops
14-04-09, 11:53
Thanks everyone! I am not alone....phew!