PDA

View Full Version : Lopsided smile

Norwich
14-04-09, 09:54
I've been having loads of health anxiety problems for the last few months and as a result have had problems with my mouth and jaw (holding it in a different position, stiffness, trembling etc). I thought I was getting over it and accepted the problem as anxiety (being an HA sufferer I originally thought it was neurological), but recently I have noticed that when I smile naturally my smile is no longer symmetrical and my bottom lip especially raises a fair bit more on one side than the other - although if I look in the mirror I can make the other side go up to match the other (its not like I can't move the muscle). My bottom lip also quivers slightly when I hold a smile.

Has anyone else ever had this as an anxiety / tension symptom? I am tempted to go to the docs about it but have now held off going for three months (I went about 8 times in the previous three months seeking reassurance) so don't want to give in to temptation.

amu
15-04-09, 16:19
I have the same, noticed it a while ago, don't know when though. Maybe you can see it a bit in my profile picture even.