PDA

View Full Version : cant deal with this? :(

tashbarnes87
14-04-09, 09:58
:weep: im so so scared i have breast cancer cos of the lump & for the past few weeks my tongue on the left side has been burning all the time. It feels like i burnt my tongue but i havent its not red or any inflamation or anything. I think its cos i have cancer :weep: so sad today

tashbarnes87
14-04-09, 10:19
and to make it worse my appointment just came through for the breast clinic for monday :(

sahara
14-04-09, 11:03
Thats good though isn't it? At least you don't have to wait weeks for some reassurance. I am sure from what everyone has said you are going to be just fine.

Could you be chewing you tongue because of nerves? - perhaps that is making it sore.

Sending u a great big :bighug1:

tashbarnes87
14-04-09, 15:26
heya, not chewing my tongue it just burns and burns driving me nuts. I just keep thinking that im going to be told i hve cancer & thats that! i cant think straight today and am finding it hard to get on with anything as im so distracted :(

sahara
14-04-09, 15:55
Perhaps your tongue could be a nervous reaction, definately doesn't sound like cancer. It could even be a slight infection/virus.

I remember 2 years ago my throat fizzed every time a had a drink, and lasted for ages, but went away on its own in the end. Dr said it was a virus.

:bighug1:

I have had days thinking that, I know how hard it is to distract yourself. Perhaps you could put the radio on or a fave cd and do some spring cleaning. Cleaning I always find very theraputic (wierd I know lol)

rhianna
14-04-09, 17:48
I too have had burning tongue especially when in the grip of panic. The doctor told me that there is actually a condition called burning mouth syndrome that very stressed people have. No inflammation just feeling of scalding. Hang on in there.x

worriedem
14-04-09, 20:24
hang in there hun and be pleased its monday im sure they will put your mind at rest xx