PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Blues (The return)

tulip123
14-08-05, 15:31
Those who migh remeber, I was worried about my holiday and was having massive panic attacks. I have suffered from these on and off from my teen years but had a bad blip. In fact I came near to not going at all. On the last night I even phoned the company and told them I may not be going - I also have an acute fear of flying that dosen't seem to go on each trip and so that doen't help.

Just come back from my holiday - I decided I had more to loose by not going = I would be equally nervous. Despite having one of my worst panic attacks on the plane on the way up (I did a good job of keeping it to myself (training myself over the years) as there was new people I had just met about) but it certainly wasn't nice as I felt very claustraphobic and felt obsessed with my breating (I think this might be the basis to most of my problems). Once I got there after getting going, I had the best holiday I have ever had for a long time (fears dissapated during the week). Now I am a bit sad it is all over, though my fear of flying remians until next time and so I will have to look at that and the run up to any holiday I may take in the future.

Tulip

Meg
14-08-05, 16:47
**I decided I had more to loose by not going = I would be equally nervous**

Well done indeed. Its hard to do this.

Write it all out about all the anticipatory fear and how it was great and have it to refer to next time you go away.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

pinkscrumpy
14-08-05, 21:48
well done to tulip

MANDIE XX

seh1980
14-08-05, 22:33
Good for you Tulip!! You should be very proud :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

Sue K with 5
15-08-05, 12:39
Well done Tulip !

I am so impressed you did it, I think we all suffer holiday blues when we have come back from such an exciting time, especially when you expected the worst and got the best

Keep it up though you should be so proud of yourself

sue with 5

scknight

pips
15-08-05, 14:50
Well Done Tulip,

You did Great!!!

Take care,

Love PIP'S X X

Karen
15-08-05, 19:30
Very well done Tulip.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

tulip123
15-08-05, 19:51
Thanks for your support everyone through bad times. I feel much better than I would have done if I did not go. So I will use it with the other examples I have of overcoming challenges throughout my life (there have been many). And I will fly again despite my great adversion (fear) towards it (whatever it takes!!!!!). Facing my fears has been the only cure to my panic attacks so far I have had throughout my life and general underlying anxiety. Ok I feel on deaths door at times but giving up always makes me feel worse. Acceptance of myself and a forgiving attitude when feeling bad has been essential!!!! I cannot emphasise that enough. Like that song accentuate the positive, and eliminate the negative - don't mess with mr in between.

Best wishes Tulip

Meg
15-08-05, 19:59
Excellent attitude..

xx

pips
15-08-05, 20:00
That's Great Tulip very well said and so very true!

Keep up the POSITIVE attitude that's FAB!!!!!!!!!

Take care,

Love PIP'S X X

Ambience
15-08-05, 22:16
Eww i used to cringe at facing my fears, but now i have no option, it's living with my boyfriend whom i love and facing my agoraphobia and panic, or going home to live in my old room at my parents, many a time it's got to the stage where i've been just about to give in and go home, but i'm remaining strong and hopefully will get through this! Well done on your wonderful attitude and breaking through your fears!!

Love to you all,
Love Janey x

"There would be nothing to frighten you if you refused to be afraid." "Life is 10 percent what you make it and 90 percent how you take it." Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. "Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing." "Courage is doing what you are afraid to do. There can be no courage unless you are scared." "Feed your faith and your fears will starve to death" "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear."