PDA

View Full Version : Could I have your opinion please??? Diazepam

humpty
14-04-09, 11:33
Im really worried, I suffer from DP/DR and anxiety.
I have been pescribed diazepam since last december - and in roughly 4 months ive taken some sort of dose roughly 90% of these days.....

Now the most ive ever taken is 2.5 mg in a day....I know this is not much, and im averaging id say 1-1.5 mg each day, it makes me feel more at ease, especially at night....is this just a placebo dose?? I just feel I need them incase I have a bad panic attack, and im concerned as Im taking them every day now (1 - 1.5mg)

I just worry I know its part of the process...so what im really asking is....is this dose okay? and do I have anything to worry about?? my phyc says its okay, but I just here horror stories of people on withdrawals, and I dont want to get there??!?!

nomorepanic
14-04-09, 11:37
I used to take half of a 2.5mg tablet and it worked for me so I think if the dose is ok for you then stick at it.

I was only ever given 10 at a time and they lasted me months and months as I daren't take them very often.

You can get addicted but if you are sensible and not taking them every day at high doses then you should be fine.

Lawton86
18-04-09, 18:04
im curently on 6mg roughly a day and i thought i was on a low dosage...hmmm. im only 22 and my doc is worried of me getting addicted, but i hear alot of people taking more like 10mg and 15mg a day to cure anxiety and de-realisation. 6mg a day for me doesnt seem to really be doing that much.....just making me a tiny bit more calm....but when i can still feel panicy and things 3-4 times a day and the De-realisation is still their constantly.

Can a higher more suitable dose cure de-realisation and anxiety, not every day but on the bad days?

lostsoul
18-04-09, 18:18
Humpty

The dose you are taking is very small so I wouldnt worry, although you can still become dependant at that dose. But lots of people dont. I was taking 15mg a day for about 9 months and I've been slowly reduced down by a Mg every two weeks. I am now taking 7mg the only side effect seemtobe having from reducing the doze is weak legs.

Sounds to me like it is a placebo to me as that dose really is small one but it doesnt matter.If it works for you by whatever means then placebo or not its working for you. I'd just try and limit when you take it. Only when you absolutely need to. Its a good sign that you have the self control to not increase your dose. Unfortunately I didnt thats how ended up on 15mg -started out on 2mg :-(

Take care