PDA

View Full Version : Depersonalization? Need Advice

jw4t
14-04-09, 11:34
Hello everyone,

I keep having odd feelings of detachment, brain fog, and thoughts.
I feel as if I'm a spectator to my own thoughts and body at times which can be very disturbing. I alway wonder what and who am I exactly and where do we fit in. It's as if I'm experiencing some sort of identity crisis. All of this leads to depersonalization. I begin to ask myself if the voice in my head is my own or just the result of me becoming insane...At times i view my body as being so foreign but really it's not. The mind is always racing and thinking of random noises, words, phrases, and songs. These of course are thought up, not actually heard but they get stuck and reapeat as if it's a broken record >.< I think of how things sound exactly the way they would be heard in life...not sure if you guys can relate lol

biggest fears are completely losing myself, which i feel like i'm on my way to doing
schizophrenia/insanity

if you guys can relate or type up your experiences would be appreciated

I'm new and would like to start relating maybe finding answers

thanks all

PoppyC
14-04-09, 12:36
Hi :)
I posted a reply to a similar question yesterday on the Symptoms thread on the forum to Lawton86 under the headline of 'Derealization - Any tips'.

I went through derealization and depersonalisation last year. Hopefully the post will be of some use to you. :)

starlight78
14-04-09, 21:48
Hi JW,

Its been great reading your post as i can really relate to the things that you are saying.. I often struggle with the feelings of feeling like i'm almost watching myself and also not really knowing who i am or what my place is.. and the feelings build from there.. I never really felt of it as depersonalisation but reading yours and others accounts have really helped me.

I actually work with people who have schizophrenia and i promise you none of them have ever reported the feelings and thoughts you are talking about...

Its a bit of a cliche but it is true that people who are out of touch with reality (psychotic) dont know it and dont worry about it... its us neurotics that worry about that the most.

Thank you again for your post xx

jw4t
15-04-09, 07:16
thanks guys, the posts help, especially yours starlight b/c i feel like i'm losing myself/going schiz's everyday lol...if you ever want to share more feelings just pm or i'll pm you to relate more. This stuff really gets me down =/

talk to you guys soon =)

lotte_82
15-04-09, 07:37
Hi....I also suffer from this....when Im walking i feel like its not me, my legs arent mine and Im just observing, even more worryingly is recently when I saw my PCMHW I felt like someone was doing the talking for me and I was observing.....all very matter of fact, going through my anxiety, my depression, my ED and self harm.....yet prior to the appointment I felt anxious even up to in the waiting room, yet as soon as I got in a button switched and I felt like I was not there it was some one else. Does that make any sense??? If not dont worry because I feel confused aboiut it also.

Lotte

xx

cwoz82
16-04-09, 12:33
it makes sense lotte_82, i have the same sense of derealization and depersonalisation. Its like i know i have arms, lega and a body but they aren't mine, i sit and stare at them but they feel numb as though they don't belong to me, and i find myself talking away, but then sort of waking up and i have no idea what i have just said - like an auto pilot!