PDA

View Full Version : Gmtv (14.04.09)- Anxiety - Link To The Article

PoppyC
14-04-09, 12:29
GMTV - Anxiety - Link to the article
Hi :smile:
A friend just rang me and told me about a piece on anxiety on GMTV this morning and how 7 million are living with anxiety :ohmy: I wouldnt be surprised if that figure were higher because not everyone goes to their gp with anxiety and suffer in silence instead - depending on how the figure was sourced. Apparently it is on the GMTV website. I missed it :doh:
Dr Hilary :wub: has a test for anxiety on the website too. I can guess what my rating on that would be without even taking the test ! :weep:

http://www.gm.tv/index.cfm?articleid=34180

lesleya
14-04-09, 16:10
Hi Poppy.
I just took that test and im afraid i answered yes to all 10 of them...lol, but there general questions, not specific. This is what it says to my result...
You may be suffering from an anxiety disorder, but there is plenty you can do to help yourself. Try to pick up books or DVDs that teach you relaxation techniques. Exercise can often help overcome the symptoms of anxiety and there are plenty of self-help leaflets you can pick up based on cognitive therapys from your local NHS trust. If your symptoms persist, maybe think about talking to your friends and family or if you don't want to do that, try joining a group. Remember that a problem shared is a problem halved, and it's a victory doubled....
Cheers
xxx

PoppyC
14-04-09, 19:48
Hi Lesley!
Thanks for your reply! :)I took the anxiety test earlier and not surprisingly got 10/10 :weep: lol

lotte_82
22-04-09, 13:39
I took the test and alos got a 10/10 :weep:

No suprise really!