PDA

View Full Version : Gp took me off Citalopram :)

PoppyC
14-04-09, 12:51
I got an appt to go into see my gp earlier. He has taken me off citalopram. My blood pressure was very low - I have very low blood pressure normally. Why he ever prescribed it I will never know due to that reason. It does state on patient info leaflets not to be used when people have hypotension.
The headache I have had for past 3 days has been a killer headache and I never normally get headaches. I am weaning off them now and he has prescribed Venlafaxine. He said I should not have been feeling as I am doing. I nearly passed out last night due to light headedness. I knew there was something wrong.
At least I tried. Just got to start all over again now whinging about how Venlaxfine affects me lol

NoPoet
14-04-09, 15:25
It's the end of an era! What am I gonna do now my mate Poppy has got off the citalopram train??

Seriously though if you were suffering that badly you have done the right thing. I don't know anything about the new medication you'll be on but I wish you all the best and hope things work out for you :)

PoppyC
14-04-09, 15:32
Hi Poet!
I dont want to get off the citalopram train :weep::weep::weep: I like it on the citalopram threads
Can I stay on and whinge about my new medication??? I will also be able to help others with the benefit of my knowledge of citalopram - it wasnt all bad - some days were really good :)
I want to stay on citalopram now :weep:

reallyfedup
14-04-09, 15:36
I think i'll be coming off it too. Feel completely spaced out and dizzy/ head spinning terribly every day at mo.

PoppyC
14-04-09, 15:38
Awww Sara, are you not feeling any better? How long have you been taking them for?

lucylocket
14-04-09, 15:55
i too feel like coming off the cit i have reduced to 20mg from 35mg felt crap all the time on them only odd few times have i felt myself . feel spacey most of the time going to make an appointment to see dr. lucy x

NoPoet
14-04-09, 19:01
Fear not Poppy, you can be an honourary member of the citalopram club, otherwise known as the "NMP Groovy Gang" :D

I want to be a founder member of the NMP Groovy Gang. You can be my co-founder if you want.

I'm looking forward to the day I can finally come off my medication cos the constant headaches and tiredness are doing my head in but I suppose they are better than how I was feeling just a couple of weeks ago. I wish luck and happiness to all those who are leaving citalopram behind. Hope you find what you are looking for :)

reallyfedup
14-04-09, 19:16
hi poppy- been on cital since 27 dec. Dr plans to get me off it but am currently on40 mg cital and 75 mg amitriptyline a day. Head spinning terrible at mo. Good luck x:scared15:

PoppyC
14-04-09, 19:20
I hope you begin to feel better soon.:flowers: Maybe it will be better when you are off the citalopram and just on the amitriptyline :yesyes: