PDA

View Full Version : Big Goal Coming Up!!!!

yorkylover
14-04-09, 13:47
Hi friends.

3 years ago I joined here after having a major panic attack as I was about to go over on the Isle of Wight ferry.We never made it over there because I was scared of panicking and not being able to get off the ferry.:ohmy:

Im not sure what triggered the attack as I have been on the Dartmouth ferry and the Plymouth ferry which are not much different.:shrug:

That was my last major panic attack and I was put on valium.It took me along time to get over that attack.

My partner and I have now booked a ferry to the Isle of Wight for a weeks holiday with our caravan in May.I dont feel worried,but I keep coming over anxious and getting all these funny symptoms.Could I be worried in the back of my mind!!!!!:shrug:

We are going from Southampton where as last time it was Portsmouth,so its not going to be the same place.I can't back out as its all been paid for and I really want to go.I wont let PANIC win!!!!:mad:

I just dont want another panic attack,as it will ruin my holiday:weep:

Forgot to say,I usually go to Devon which I know really well,so this holiday is new for me.New place new area,and I don't like change!!!!!:scared15:

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: xxxxxxxxxxxxx

yorkylover
14-04-09, 20:01
Thanks for advise Tetley.Think you are right,its probably cos its booked and no going back now!!!!!!:ohmy:

Thats a scarey thought!!!!!!!!!!:scared15:

yorkylover
15-04-09, 22:56
O well only 3 weeks to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:scared15: :scared15: :scared15: :scared15: :scared15:

honeybee3939
15-04-09, 23:01
Yorky

WELL DONE you for booking the holiday in the first place.:yesyes:

You have made alot of progress since you joined NMP you are now alot more stronger than you think you are hun !:yesyes:

Try not to worry about it, just think of all the positive things and achievments you will make while there!

You will be fine hun i know you will:yesyes: !

Love and hugs
:hugs:
Andrea
xxx

yorkylover
15-04-09, 23:05
Thanks Andrea.I know Im better than 3 years ago but still along way to go.I will do this,but I don't want a major attack!!!!!!!!!!!:ohmy:

Stupid thing is its only 40 min on the ferry and I see the Isle of Wight from where I live most days!!!!!!!!!:shrug:

bishops
16-04-09, 01:33
THINK thats great yorky , bet you have a great time. what i do now on public transport is take my lap top so it takes my mind off things, just a thought yorky it may help

yorkylover
16-04-09, 14:32
Thanks Bishops,I haven't got a laptop but would love one.I do have a game boy,so could have a game of scrabble.Only 3 weeks to go and its coming round fast.Im looking forward to the actual hols,its just thoughts buzzing round in my head.xx:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

yorkylover
23-04-09, 12:54
Two weeks to go :scared15: :scared15: :scared15:

Im getting excited in a funny sort of way!!!!!!!!! :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

yorkylover
23-04-09, 12:56
wanted some advise friends.We are trying to decide if we should just turn up at the ferry on the day or go and have a look and see where we go from to give me piece of mind.What do you think would be better?????:shrug:

PUGLETMUM
23-04-09, 13:09
:yesyes: ive done both, as im sure you have - checked places out and just gone and done it - i think its entirely up to you - your going whatever so just do whatever feels right - for me a stuation like this is a chance to remember that i have to take my anxiety with me - it isnt going to miraculously disappear and infact initially it could get worse - however that first step is the hardest, after that any jitters will disperse and you will have fun and feel okay - but dont make it a big demand to feel clam and collected as you may not - on the other hand you may just be ready to give anxiety the heave ho and do without it completley, and like youve said you are not far from home and it wouldnt be impossible to get home easily if you felt you had to - you wont! well done for doing this, start congratulating yourself now - this is a step too far for me still - but by doing it your confidence is going to grow massively!!!!!:hugs:

yorkylover
23-04-09, 17:19
Thanks emmas:hugs: Im being pretty positive so far.And Im going to do it either way:yesyes: I wont let anxiety beat me!!!:mad: Haven't decided if Im going to take a look or just go on the day.I think just going on the day will be better for me.

I still have very low confidence and self esteem.Im with my partner I could never do it alone.I can't even get on a bus!!!!:scared15:

samc100
23-04-09, 17:34
Look onto the internet or a book and find a picture of something in the Isle of of Wight that you really like the look of and keep it with you so it motivates your mind on why you want to go.

The excitement factor is a great sign just smile when you think of your hold to keep the focus being positive.

You will do this ( or next year you are swimming it !)

yorkylover
23-04-09, 23:17
Thanks sam.Its coming round real quick:ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: .

yorkylover
01-05-09, 17:11
O my only a week to go:ohmy: I keep getting the gitters in my tummy now.Im looking forward to it in a way,but scared of panic and feeling sick.:ohmy:

I will be out of my comfort zone and if I start to panic I can't get off the boat!!!!:scared15:

PUGLETMUM
02-05-09, 10:19
:hugs: no you have to go even if you feel like this!!!!!! this is what you anxiety wants - for you to find it too much and not go and have a lovely time - it swants you to give in - DONT!!!!!

you will feel like htis coz its the anticipation of feeling bad on the boat - youare not trapped - how long does that trip take? not long? you can take it - to get to the other side and have your lovely break and to show yourself that you are stronger than these silly messages are telling you you are!!!!! you can do this - dont believe these thoughts - even if you have a big panic - so what? it cant kill you and it will only last seconds - its only the running away that makes all of this worse -you arent going to run, you are going to go on your hol with or without this anxiety - its the only way - stay focused on the outcome - a lovely hol and increased confidence because you did it anyway!!!!!!!:hugs:

yorkylover
02-05-09, 17:06
thank you .:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

lizzie29
02-05-09, 19:59
I'm going away next weekend too, on the ferry to Ireland - and I'm scared too!!! Well, more than scared, petrified. But, like you, I'll be fine. Like emmas said, you can do this, so what if you have a panic attack? And that's what I keep telling myself. And think of how good you'll feel when you've done it. It's just one step closer to getting rid of that annoying panic!

PUGLETMUM
03-05-09, 11:10
:yesyes: yes it is!!!! and even though ive made loads of progress i take my hat off to you guys becasue im not ready to go on a ferry or any other form of public transport:blush: but i hope one day i will be able to do this - well i will make sure i will:yesyes: good luck to you both and have a lovely time, so you can come back on nmp and inspire us:hugs:

bobobob
03-05-09, 13:28
Yes Well Done. I do hope you have a great holiday. I have no answers but just want to come with you. You are doing the wright thing.

yorkylover
03-05-09, 22:25
Thanks everyone:yesyes: Not long now.Its being out of that safety zone as well.Haven't been away since last September.:hugs:

yorkylover
06-05-09, 23:28
2 days to go and feeling really positive so far!!!!!!:yesyes: just the stress of getting things ready,getting myself in a tizzy!!!!!!!!!:wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

suzy-sue
06-05-09, 23:54
You can do it yorky !Hope the weathers good and you have a great time..:yesyes:
Take some pics and show us when you get home.Luv Sue x

yorkylover
07-05-09, 15:02
Thank you Susie.xxxxxxxxx

SarahP
07-05-09, 20:49
I'll be thinking of you Yorky, I'm sure you'll be absolutely fine, and you'll feel amazing to know you've faced your fear :-)

Let us know how it goes!!

Sarah xx

yorkylover
08-05-09, 23:53
Im off tomorrow:yesyes: and tonight I feel positive:yesyes: I think tomorrow is going to go ok.see you all soon.xxxxxxxxxxxx:hugs: :hugs:

yorkylover
16-05-09, 17:09
I Did It!!!!!!!!:yahoo:

I made it on the ferry to the Isle of Wight after three years,and I loved it.Had a fab holiday and I want to go over again soon.:yesyes:

Thanks for all the support.xxxxxxxxxxx:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

marie.s
16-05-09, 17:33
well done..you must feel as if your on top of the world..well done again.xx:yahoo:

kazzie
17-05-09, 15:09
NICE ONE ELLEN:yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes:

We will have to have another meet up soon

Love to you all (2 legged and 4 legged)

Kaz x x x:hugs:

lainey
17-05-09, 16:36
Wel done Yorkie, only just seen this post. You must be so proud of yourself, glad you had a great time. Here's to your next trip. Love Elaine x

yorkylover
17-05-09, 19:59
Thanks everyone.Hopeing to go again in September.:yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes:

Reggie
18-05-09, 08:32
Yayyyy!

Great post, so glad you had a wonderful time. :emot-highfive: