PDA

View Full Version : this is silly I know but I went & googled.

cheekycharlie
14-04-09, 14:51
been feeling sick for past few days now & I have had a water infection but my tabs ain't cleared it up so I am planning on going back to docs tomorrow but I typed in feeling sick all the time into google, it said something about diabietes (sorry if thats mis-spelt) so I clicked on it & not in the slightest thinking it could be that did a symtom checker quiz & one of the questions was itchiness around the vagina which I have had for about a week now thinking it was thrush, so done the cream & pessary but it didn't clear it. Its not so itchy where I want to scratch myself or anything, more just uncomfortable itchiness. Anyway, I am also slightly overweight (put weight on when started with anxiety-went from a size 8 to 12) so I know the odds are against me but am scared now incase I have it. I know I shouldn't have googled but I had no idea it would bring that up. Plus as well I am weeing up to 5 times in the night, ie why I went to docs about water infection, but like I said, I finished my tabs today & still not cleared up. It just seams its all linked in somehow & that I might have it. Also does anyone know if they do a test at the docs, do they take a proper blood test or is that finger prick one?

Trixie
14-04-09, 15:21
Are you drinking plenty of water or barley water?

CJH86
14-04-09, 15:22
Diabetes can make you wee a lot, but so can a water infection....also it may take a few more days for everything to feel better after a water infection. The antibiotics they tend to give you for a water infection can quite commonly make you feel sick.

The reason the website asked about vaginal itchyness is that with diabetes you can get frequent bouts of thrush, not necessarily in every case though. Also i wouldnt say being a size 12 increases risk of diabetes much.

when you go to the docs just let them know you are worried. Type 2 dibetes doesnt tend to come on suddenly and with type 1 diabetes it is likely symptoms would be a lot more severe and include weight loss. They can test your urine for glucose, which can indicate diabetes....or they can do a blood test. Really simple to do, some pharmacys even do diabetes screening.....can be a good idea to put your mind at rest.

lucylou
14-04-09, 16:01
Hey,Diabetes runs in my family so im pretty familiar with the symptoms. ( typically its not really something i worry too much about getting, even though the odds are quite high!!!) i wouldnt worry...the symptoms dont just appear that quickly....you can buy home diabetes tests from tesco if you really are concerned...but from my experience you would also be experiencing weight loss and the shakes when not enough sugar or hungry... xxxx

cheekycharlie
14-04-09, 16:07
thanks for you advice guys, you have made me feel better. I know size 12 isn't big but cos I have always been size 8/10 & I am only 5ft size 12 on me has had a noticable weight increase on me. To be honest, even if I don't have it, just reading about has made me want to buck my ideas up & do something about my weight. I was going to have a chinese tonight but going to have spaghetti and meatballs instead! I have wanted to loose weight for ages but kept putting it off, but now I am determined to do something about it, it makes sense to start moving & eating healthier anyway. Yes Trixe, I do drink a lot of water, but I drink a lot of water anyway so not been drinking anymore than normal.

Thanks for your all replies though guys. xxxxx

CJH86
14-04-09, 16:52
I know exactly how you feel....im 5 ft 1 and now a size 12, three months ago i was 2 stone lighter:blush:! I put on weight because of low thyroid whch means its extremely stubborn to shift.....very annoying too coz it really has shot my confidence down. Saying that a good bit of exercise does wonders for anxiety x

cheekycharlie
14-04-09, 17:38
I know how you feel, I gave up takeaways for lent thinking id loose a load of weight. lol) & I only lost a few pounds! :( I am not bothered about being 8 & half stone again but would like to loose a good stone. I have no medical reason for mine though, other than lack of doing stuff when was height of my anxiety. Even though lot better now & I do, do stuff, it ain't shifting. I need to get to the gym! lol xxx