PDA

View Full Version : mouth problems

chocoholic
14-04-09, 16:26
hi all
thought i would give some advice for a change!
saw my dentist today who was fantastic. i was worried about a lump in my mouth and burning sensations on my tongue. she thoroughly looked in my mouth and said i had burning mouth syndrome. this is very common with anxiety and nothing to worry about. it could also be a b vitamin deficiency which could also be the case for me.
also the lumps are just where i am grinding my teeth without knowing it at night, they are rubbing on my gums and causing bumps.
today i am happy...
choco x:yesyes:

diane07
14-04-09, 16:29
Hi choco,

I had burning mouth syndrome for a long time, i still have other problems with my mouth now, but the burning one constantly hurt so much, so i do understand how you feel and the relief when they put a name to it.

Hope it subsides soon

di xx

tashbarnes87
14-04-09, 16:35
i have a burning tongue too, for the past 3 weeks. Is there any signs of inflamation? my tongue looks comp fine apart from a burnt feeling on the left side of my tongue x

rhianna
14-04-09, 17:45
I too had this for weeks. No inflamation just the feeling that I had scalded my tongue. . Horrid

chocoholic
14-04-09, 17:50
di - thanks, my dentist said that stress can cause many problems in the mouth. hope youre feeling ok soon

tash - i dont have imflammation as such also it seems my tongue is rubbing on my tooth too. when my soreness is at its worst i have a pink spotty look to my tongue, like its sore but this comes and goes.

my dentist today made me feel so much better - think thats because i have only seen her once about it rather than my many visits to the doctor!

choco x