PDA

View Full Version : Nasty Anxiety

jhz
14-04-09, 18:46
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone else goes through this and if its normal. I can go a few days and feel pretty good and then it hits again and I go for days on end with terrible non-stop anxiety. I just dont understand! I feel like I'm starting to get well and then it comes back. This morning was the worst in probably 1/2 - 2 months. I just dont understand. I'm really frustrated. I've been doing CBT in a group setting since about the 1st of March so I wonder whats going on. I thought it was helping and now I feel like I'm starting over. I'm so depressed over this. Thanks for listening.

jhz

GMarsh
11-10-09, 12:07
hi yes i do for the past 18months, i take meds and have theropy inc hypnosis,acupuncture .I find self help books work a treat,see your gp for advise or a psychiatrist they are there to help.
you will be fine.

keleb0709
11-10-09, 12:14
Oh Yeah! This is so normal and a huge response to your efforts in fighting! Sometimes i guess your body decides it need to remind you!

sarah jayne
11-10-09, 13:45
Hi, i get this all the time, its really annoying ! x

gypsywomen
11-10-09, 13:53
same here mornings the worst:hugs:

Panic33
11-10-09, 14:18
I usualy by the end of each day feel fine only to wake the next day back at square one. I did have 3 good days last weeks and thought I was beating it then anxiety came back felt worse than before started feeling better - was like a kick in the teeth. Im now working on the basis any good moment or day is a benefit and trying not to be too down when anxiety is bad - its hard tho.

kallie0509
11-10-09, 15:26
i have anxiety more often than not and on those rare days that it lets up a bit and then comes back full force i almost feel like it's fighting for it's existence because it knows that i'm pushing it away.

jay_57
11-10-09, 17:47
I know exactly what you mean. I usually feel a bit better after a session with my psychotherapist, but I can't shake the feeling off.
For the past year or so, I've been hearing voices in my head. I'm not sure whose, I think they might be mine, I'm not sure.
I remember I used to be walking to the shops or whatever and the voice in my head would be saying ''right, and after this we're going to go back, put dinner on... oh, mind that dog mess...'' etc etc. Everyone has that. It's train of thought. But now I have nothing. It's only these voices, constantly shouting, shouting unimaginable things. At the moment, they are mostly whispers. They usually get louder before I have a fit.

If it weren't for them, I think I'd be making a recovery a lot quicker. So I know where you're coming from - I am also very up and down, up and down. CBT is meant to work wonders though - give it time, continue with the sessions, and if nothing improves then go back to your GP, or therapist, or whoever is relevant to you. Big hugs xx