PDA

View Full Version : PAs are back - SO scared

Ellie25
14-04-09, 18:59
Hi one and all:)

I am SOOOOOOOOO scared.........back in April 2006 I suddenly started 18 months of having severe panic attacks out of nowhere. Multiple ones in a day, numerous times in Resus, ambulances etc.

I'd not had any since March 07 but in the last week I've had 3 small ones. The most recent one was yesterday on my birthday - that horrrible familiar feeling of eing about to pass out, throw up, the world disapearing, not being able to swallow etc. I was at a pub with 14 friends so had to secretly take some diazepam and anti sickness meds to stop it going into a full blown attack.

I'm not sure I could cope if they come back as bad as they were. They devastated my life at the time. i really thought they had gone good :weep: :weep: :weep: .

Has anyone experienced this?Any ideas as to what I can do?

So sorry for the long post but i am really shaken by them coming back.

Love Ellie
xx

lrforge
14-04-09, 19:10
Last week I had them all week, almost 3-4 hours of the day. I know they suck, but you will get thru it. I read when you think about them, they come back. Sure enough... we are here for you. Best wishes on them not returning.

PoppyC
14-04-09, 20:25
Hi Ellie :)
I am sorry to hear about what happened and especially on your birthday too:lac:
I had not had any panic attacks since last August and then on Sat night for no reason - I was very relaxed at the time - a panic attack descended. It lasted an hour and it was awful. I was so sick. I then had another minor one the following day.
I had a lot of help and support from the people on this site. The next day I felt so shaky and I am now stressing that the attacks are going to start again, however, seeing as we both have not had one in a long while, maybe it will be a long while before we get another? We got through them last time, no matter how awful they were and we can get through them again, knowing what to expect and better armed in dealing with them.
I think the worst thing is to stress about them returning cos I am sure we will think ourselves into having one.
Hopefully you wont have any more for a while if at all ! :)

Ellie25
14-04-09, 22:49
It's horrid isn't it.........I am SO thankful for this site.......if I can be of any spport to you in any way please PM me......

Poppy, it sounds like you had a nightmare PA:weep: . I'm so sorry. I think you are right though, we need to be doing some positive thinking....just because we've had one doesnt mean they will happen all the time.

Sending you hugs and strength,
keep in touch
xxxx

jmcadon
15-04-09, 01:01
I get them, too. Mine are related to health anxiety, tho. Does your doctor have you on any meds like SSRI's?
They can be soooo scarey! I find it really helps to talk to others who have them. If you know someone else has them and they are making it, it helps you to put them in their place. It also helps me if I am involved in something new that I can concentrate on instead of worrying about when I will get the next one.
We are all here for you, too!

Miki
15-04-09, 10:50
Ack, mine did that.. But mine weren't as bad as yours..
I had them for about a year, and then I had another one a few months ago and I started feeling that dreadful familiar panicky feeling. I was so worried.
I hope everything works out for you, though. I seem to be okay now, maybe it was a sort of blip?
I's here for you as well! :D