PDA

View Full Version : No point in the future

Katiex
14-04-09, 19:01
I have been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. Even though it is an awful condition to have it isn't life threatening and when I was told by the Rheumatologist I felt a weight had been lifted.

However, I'm under alot of stress and have two young boys and I can't stop worrying that I have something worse. MS or cancer or a brain tumour or something life threatening.

I'm 25 and feel like my life has just stopped. I'm so depressed but the last antidepressants I took caused a horrible side effect and I'm scared to take anymore.

Not sure what this post is for maybe I'm just ranting :shrug:

rhianna
14-04-09, 19:11
Hi

hang in there. You have seen a rheumatologist who KNOWS about this stuff. He will have looked for other stuff and discounted it. Go with the diagnosis.There is a great future to be had. x

cheekycharlie
14-04-09, 19:16
yeah like Rhianna says, go with the experts but also, I would try & tackle the anxiety side by seeing your GP, you can beat anxiety through therapy alone, I did it. Yeah, I have anxious moments but no where like I used to be like.

Good luck with it hun. x

Trixie
14-04-09, 20:51
I have been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. Even though it is an awful condition to have it isn't life threatening and when I was told by the Rheumatologist I felt a weight had been lifted.

However, I'm under alot of stress and have two young boys and I can't stop worrying that I have something worse. MS or cancer or a brain tumour or something life threatening.

I'm 25 and feel like my life has just stopped. I'm so depressed but the last antidepressants I took caused a horrible side effect and I'm scared to take anymore.

You don't have MS and most certainly you do not have a brain tumour but you do have Fibromyalgia. The consultant knows what he is talking about, you are not a doctor so take his word and concentrate on what you do have not on what you don't.:)

Good luck.

Trixie
14-04-09, 20:54

Perhaps this might help http://www.fibromyalgia-associationuk.org/community/index.php :flowers: