PDA

View Full Version : New person from Birmingham.

Stripyanimal
14-04-09, 23:15
Hello everyone, I have just joined the board after lurking for a little while. :)

I am 32 and when I was a teenager I battled - and beat - agoraphobia.
I have been much better for many years since - sometimes stressful situations made the panic attacks return, but not like it used to be.

However, in the last few weeks, my panic attacks are increasing. I have self-diagnosed monophobia. And - the boyfriend who I've lived with for 10 years is leaving to be with another women in a couple of weeks. Needless to say, I'm absolutely terrified of living alone (I have never spent even one night on my own before). All the upheaval is naturally making the anxiety worse.
I keep feeling that I'm not going to be able to cope alone. Basically, my ex boyfriend is the person who I felt safe and calm with.
I also have problems going out.

And...sorry if I've written too much for a first post. :blush:

I would really like to make some friends who understand exactly what I'm going through with the anxiety. I hope to get to know lots of people here.

Thank you for reading,
Karen.

kittykat
15-04-09, 13:38
Hi there and :welcome: to the site, lots of good advice on here, and the chatroom is very good as well, take care xx

june
15-04-09, 13:42
:welcome: :flowers: Hi Karen sorry to hear about your problems.
Hope you can find some peace of mind on here.
Best wishes
june
:hugs:

Vanilla Sky
15-04-09, 14:07
Hi and welcome to NMP, :welcome: You will find plenty support on here hope to see you in chat Love Paige x:)

Michael09
15-04-09, 14:17
Hey am Michael from Lancashire :)

I suffer from anxiety and bad nerves. When the Anxiety kicks in I tend to feel on the edge and the world is against me.

I hope I can find this webpage useful, and it's always nice to know where never on our own :)

Thanks for reading x

Stripyanimal
15-04-09, 14:57
Thanks you guys for your welcomes. I really appreciate it. :)

Tetltey - I have asked my gp, and I can get some counselling there (I can't travel much) but it will be a few weeks. I'm alone in less than that, and so scared! :ohmy:

Paige - I hope to pop into chat some time soon. :)

hoppipolla
15-04-09, 15:25
Hiya welcome to the forum :)

I'm sorry to hear about the things that have happened like your ex, i know how it feels ._.

Just hang in there and keep your friends close and life can move on and be good again :)

lizzie29
15-04-09, 15:30
Hi

I have monophobia and my husband is my "safe" person... but we're getting divorced, as he's done some terrible things. So, like you, I'm facing living alone without the person I feel safe with. Are you staying living in the same area? Do you have friends nearby?

xxx

Stripyanimal
15-04-09, 23:18
Thanks hoppipolla. :)

lkenny - that's what making my situation worse -I have no friends or family nearby. I have a sister, but she lives 100 miles away. :weep:
I'm staying where I am - scary, but for the best, I think (I don't really have any other family apart from my sister).
I don't know about you, but I hate that my "safe" person is still my safe person, despite doing some rotten things. People have said I should have thrown him out, and I think they were right, but the anxiety has stopped me. Of course, he's leaving anyway soon.

Southern_Belle
16-04-09, 04:24
Hi Karen,

Welcome to NMP. Many here will understand how you have been feeling and will give their support. Sorry for all that you are going through but we will be here to help along the way.

Take care,

Laura

everhopefull
16-04-09, 09:36
Hi
nice to meet you. Im new on here to and find my anxiety is increasing and Im very bad at night as soon as it gets dark. I hope we can become soom comfort to one another xx

Stripyanimal
16-04-09, 22:12
Thank you Southern_Bell and everhopefull. :)

And everhopefull, I hope we can be some comfort to each other too. :)
This seems like a great website with great people.