PDA

View Full Version : Help Me Please:'( Weird Flashing Lights In Vision..

Alexy
14-04-09, 23:47
Iv just experienced this weird thing where iv kinda had weird wiggling lights all in my vision, like everywhere.......:( Kinda like those floaters, but not, becuase they were darker and black with white dots:'(

Wee-Mee
14-04-09, 23:58
What were you doing and how were you feeling when it happened petal?

I've had visual things happen and it is usually always always when I am knackered to hell.

I wear glasses when on the computer and sometimes I need to take them off cos I think there's marks on them but trns out it's my eyes!

I know the floater things your on about,I used to be fascinated with them as a kid,I would try and follow them with my eyes which is strange cos they're ON your eyes..I dunno. I was a weird kid too. :p

Please don't worry,I read some of your other posts a minute or two ago where you said you're tired but you're scared to go to sleep...maybe this is what's happening to your vision..you're tired...you're worried something happens in your sleep..tired,anxious..more symptoms. :'( It's awful but please don't worry.

I think you just really need a good sleep.

Have you had it before?

Amy

xxxx

Alexy
15-04-09, 00:04
I was just sat on here, and it happened:(
I think iv had it once before a few months ago:(

Im just conviced its a brain tumour..i just think my body is riddled with tumors:( xxxx

Wee-Mee
15-04-09, 00:14
Aw... :hugs:

This is my fear too..Everything related to tumours.

Have you went to docs with it? I really don't think it's anything to worry about but you know what's next..if it is gonna bother you,you're best gp-ing it and letting them know.

I'm not a doctor but I think you're just really tired sweety. Being anxious relatively all the time and thinking can really take a toll on the poor ole body.

Believe me I know!

I was in ikea tonight and people must have thought i was drunk! I just kept banging into things and swaying and it was just from being really tired and preoccupied with thoughts..

:hugs:

Alexy
15-04-09, 00:18
No i haven't, but iv been with brain tumor worries and had 2 eye tests..ug:( I might book an appointment, but i don't think they will be interested, they never are:(
Now im REALLY scared to go to sleep:(:(

ams
15-04-09, 00:21
This happens to me, too. I won't lie and say it doesn't worry me, but it tends to crop up when I'm tired, anxious, or have been using my eyes a lot. Just this weekend, I saw a blue flash a couple of times. Really odd, and I haven't figured out what was up, but it was also 3AM after a long day. I tried not to think about it, went to bed, and haven't seen it since.

Especially where the eyes are concerned, it seems a concrete explanation isn't always possible. The retina can cause some odd things to happen when it is strained, etc. It can be troublesome, but it's not yet proven to be anything ominous for me, at least.

fairyloveheart
15-04-09, 00:29
i have had all kinds of flashing lights in my eyes. I've had a brain scan. The docs have said to me that the only time you need to worry about a flashing light is if it stays there x so don't worry x

Wee-Mee
15-04-09, 00:32
If it is gonna bother then your dcotor has to know what is bothering you and should be sympathetic to you how you are feeling and your suffering of anxiety.

I really think it is tiredness but I should take my own advice for worrying!

I wish you would feel better. Please try and get a good sleep. Put some nice slow music on and try and drift..

honeybee3939
15-04-09, 00:36
Hi Alexy

I get this alot too, it drives me mad at times. I get wiggly lines all over my vision and also black specks as if theres a spider flickering about my vision it can last anything between 5 mins to half and hour! I always seem to get it when im staring at my pc or watching tv so i think its a eye strain thing. Im making a appointment tommo to vist the opticians, i dont wear glasses but im beginning to think i need them. maybe it would be a good idea if you visited you opticains too and got your eyes checked.

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxx

Alexy
15-04-09, 00:44
Il try sleep, but i honestly don't think il wake up:( Iv been the opticians twice, said i had perfect vision both times:S

Thank you everyone for your replies though:):)

honeybee3939
15-04-09, 00:52
I have been to the opticians before too hun and like you they said i had good eye sight. If it only came on while on the pc then it as to be someting to do with that. I know where i work they have screens they put infront of the pc(forgot what there called) to take the strain away! We have a 50ins tv and im sure that dosnt help either !

You sleep tight mate and try not to worry !!

Andrea
xxx

Alexy
15-04-09, 12:32
Iv just realised that I had a single flashing light in my vision the other day and am now terrified its all related to a brain tumor. . It lasted about 5 to 10 seconds