PDA

View Full Version : is this a heart attack

sburns1975
15-04-09, 00:22
Hi everyone, im am very new to this site but i am so glad i found it:) .
For the past 9 days i havee had a sore left arm and some twinges in my :) chest just under my left breast,also i have had some facial pain and constant burping.I have been on fluoxetine for 4 years now but i still seem to worry constantly about my health. In december i attended the A&E with some of the same symptoms had an ecg wich they said was fine but i am sooooo worried these worries r taking over my life.

ams
15-04-09, 00:30
If it's happened for the past 9 days, no. If you were having a heart attack, you'd know before hitting the nine-day mark.

Anxiety can do all sorts of things to the heart, and there are many, many people here who've had these same symptoms and lived to tell the tale.

sburns1975
15-04-09, 00:47
i never mentioned that i also have pain in round both side of my face and under my tongue.

Sambapati85
15-04-09, 01:19
I wouldn't worry to much .. i have very much the same symptoms , occasional left arm pain, twitches,, tightness feeling. i had 2 ekgs bot came back good.. and i still get these feelings. Try adjusting your back like change the position and see if you are getting the same feelings. I stretchout my arms and straighten my back and these feelings are gone. I think it must have to do with my back or other joints . Poor posture and hnching your body over, can prouce scary symptoms. Anxiety can alsobe the cause as well i monitor my heart rate all the time.. and freakout if it is fast. If you are still worred about it get another ekg or a stress ekg... or an echo.

cheekycharlie
15-04-09, 08:14
you would not be having a heart attack for 9 days & if you have been tested & they its fine it is not a heart attack. I suggest you go see your GP about addressing your anxiety issues. Once you accept its anxiety & nothing else you will begin to feel better. Trust me, I have been there! It doesn't happen overnight but you need help & advice to try & conquer your anxiety levels. Best of luck. xxx