PDA

View Full Version : propanolol again,,,

tina2004
28-12-03, 21:34
i was on propanolol for a year 3 x10mg a day ,,i stooped cause i had to change to atenolol for high bp,anyway to cut a long story short i had to stop atenolol cause my bp was too low,So i went to docs and he put me back on propanolol cause my pulse was racing and i felt horrible ,head rushes ,kind of dizzyness and palpatations etc ,he told me to take 40mg once a day but being me i was too scared incase it stopped my heart lol,anyway on xmas eve i saw my doc again and my pulse was 120 and bp was 120/80..my pulse she says was just my anxiety and i told her i thought it was my heart going into failure but she said my pulse was good and strong ,so she told me to take 10mg twice a day,,but its making me tired and kind of twinges of pain in my chest at times and i get a feeling like i cant breath right ,,is this just my anxiety,,,,oh god why cant i just be normal.

benoo5
28-12-03, 22:06
hi tina,

your doctor is absolutely right,your blood pressure is great...and because your overly anxious,your pulse rate is a little high,i expect once you got home,it came down again,as for the other symptoms,you know by reading all the posts,that they are just symptoms of anxiety...bryan.

Meg
28-12-03, 22:21
Tina,

The main symptoms of heart failure are not what you describe at all...

You would benefit from practicing relaxation - use a relaxation CD over again- and stop spinning yourself into a frenzy or go and exercise vigourously.

Your heart is fine and so is your breathing . You are anxious and your physical symptoms reflect this.

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...