PDA

View Full Version : Afraid with pregnancy

Janvi
15-04-09, 06:42
Hello everybody,

I heard something fearful regarding pregnancy. A 35 year old lady died with a disease called "embolie Pulmonaire" i think. The newspaper tell that this
disease is more frequent with pregnant women. Im very very anxious regarding this. I want to have a child but im afraid now. The lady was pregnant for the 2nd time and she was 2 months pregnant. She was in good health. Ive also heard that the lady had high BP(They say tension arterielle in french).

Can anyone help me overcome this fear.

Can you email me on pmulliah@airmate.mu because i dont have easy access on internet. I dont have a pc at home but only at work.

Please help me out.

Janvi.

Janvi
28-04-09, 10:57
Is there anybody to reply to me please. I think nobody want to help me out with this. I sent this thread since several weeks with no reply. Please someone help me out. Please...........

Janvi

afreshstart09
28-04-09, 11:21
My advice regarding pregnancy and health anxiety is if you want a baby and suffer this you just have to go for it. i dont want to lead you to hoping or believing you'll have a worry free pregnancy because for us all, even those who dont suffer anxiety to the extent that some of us do worry about our own and babies health.

I have a 7month daughter who my pregnancy was super hard. but not impossible. i had a mental health nurse and a very supportive midwife who reassured me when i needed that. I worried all the way through something would go wrong and i would never get to meet my baby be it cause she had problems, still birth or i myself had health problems and died. telling midwives this though is so helpful as they help you and prevent these things having much chance of happening which reassures you to an extent. i was almost addiment i or my baby wouldnt make it together through the birth. i even sat there at times and visioned how it would be when it happened. but i am here 7 months later and so is my healthy daughter.

things dont change particuarly because now more than ever it matters more to me when i worry about my health and serious illnesses as leaving my daughter alone with no mother breaks my heart to think about. but this is something i am slowly getting over and hope i will completely overcome.

a huge light at the end of the tunnel though, i plan to have more children in the future and i know for sure i will worry again as this is completely natural and a motherly instinct built into us ladies BUT i know that now i have been through it all i know what to expect and that my worries will be halved next time.

Good luck and if you want to chat feel free to message me, take care

PUGLETMUM
28-04-09, 11:44
:) like almost EVERYTHING in life pregnancy is not without risks - in this country 1 in 8,600 women die - but think about all the women who dont and all the pregancies that are managed well due to helthcare - i htink you have to decide whether you can handle the anxiety not the pregancy - tha twill sort itself out, but like the afreshstart says you may still struggle with these anxieties during pregnancy - how much do you want a child? if you want one enough you will cope:yesyes: