PDA

View Full Version : Mouth Worries please help

antrob1000
15-04-09, 10:03
I have noticed that my uvula in my mouth (the dangly thing at the back of your mouth) is a whitish colour at the bottom. Would people mind having a look at their uvula and see if theirs is also whiteish in colour at the bottom. As my HA is really driving me mad at the moment worry about problems in my mouth again. I just want to feel normal again I just seem to go round in circles.

LisaLisa
15-04-09, 17:13
Hiya

Just to say that stress gives you a dry mouth and after a while bits of your mouth can go a bit white from being chronically dry. I have that . And the dry mouth can stay even when your not stressed becuase your body is still stressed even if you dont think you are.
You make much less saliva in fight or flight mode
Lisa
xxx

antrob1000
16-04-09, 08:42
I know there is nothing wring with my mouth as in the last 5 months I have seen a consultant twice and dentist 5 times and doctor twice and they all say there is nothing wrong. But every time i inspect my mouth I find something different to worry about. I then go to the dentist/doctor and they either tell me its normal or nothing to worry about. I know all of this is just caused by my HA and that I am a ex smoker. But istjust drives me mad. I looked at my uvula again and it looks fine I just think the HA makes me see things that are not there. As if there was a problems the consultant/dentist/doctor would of seen it. I just need to get out of the habit of checking my mouth.

rhianna
16-04-09, 08:44
You're right. However hard you need to stop checking. The mouth is a strange place Full of lumps and bumps. I am sure it is absolutely normal.x

antrob1000
16-04-09, 09:15
Im sure your right I asked my wife to have a look and she said it looks normal. Im sure I start to see things that are not there. I just need to trust the dentist and let him check my mouth every 6 months when I have a check up. The reason I chose that dentist was becuaes they do a oral cancer check when you have a check up. I have seen the dentist 5 times in the last 5 months so he would off noticed it if it was a problem.

Thanks

Anthony