PDA

View Full Version : Admins and Chat mods - here for a reason

nomorepanic
15-04-09, 10:46
I was upset and very annoyed to see two threads started last night attacking the admins and specifically Sandy (eeyorelover) :lac:

I don't think some members appreciate the time and effort that goes into looking after NMP - both the forum and the chat room.

The admins work together to keep the forum an enjoyable and safe place to be and we also work closely with the chat mods who do a fantastic job of keeping the chat room the same.

I don't think people realise that when a thread gets out of hand and nasty that the admins get the backlash from it and the many PM's and emails asking why we are letting it carry on and are not doing anything about stopping it or removing it.

We then make a decision between us and one of us will close it.

Sandy and Laura are the only two admins on NMP overnight as they are in the US and a lot of the arguments continue into the late evening / early morning so they are left alone to monitor and watch any threads that are getting out of hand.

Members need to understand that when things get heated on here it can really upset people and we do get members leaving NMP as they say they cannot believe we allow such posts to be allowed to stay on the forum and do nothing about them. We decide whether to close/delete a thread based on not only the rules but feedback from members as well.

Everyone has a choice to be here or not and if you don't like the rules then you should move on to another forum rather than stay here and post nasty comments about the admins and/or chat mods.

I do not want to lose any of the admins or chat mods as they do a fantastic job on here but posts like the ones done last night obviously have an effect on them and they are afterall human as well.

I just want to personally thank the admins and chat mods who do a fantastic job and I really do appreciate their help and support. Without them NMP would not function as well as it does. :yesyes:

Thanks for reading.

bluesparkle
15-04-09, 13:51
hey nic!
i really hate it when this happens you all have so much to do and cope with yet give your time volentarily to keep this site up and running.
i want to say a huge thank you and send :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: to all of you that keep this site together.
like you say you are all human and you are all sufferers just like us.
you all do a fab job, and with out you lot i have no idea where i would be right now.
i know its easy for me to say but please try not to let these people knock you down as there are many many of us that think the world of you ok...

honeybee3939
15-04-09, 13:52
Well said Nic,

I was around last night too and was shocked to see Sandy getting attacked in a thread. There was no need for that attitude what so ever! Im pleased the thread got deleted before it went around in circles yet again!

Like you say Nic the admins/chat mods do a great job here on NMP, i dont think they get the gratitude they deserve at times which really upsets me.

You all keep up the good work !:yesyes: your all stars in my eyes ! thanks for making the site run as good as it should !

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxx

Vanilla Sky
15-04-09, 14:02
I agree, admins and chat mods do a great job !! :)

bottleblond
15-04-09, 14:12
As people will notice, the later it gets in the day, the higher the forum volume becomes.

Even one problem on the forum can create so much work 'behind the sceens', that you have my word on, however there is NEVER just the one to deal with. So when the forum is just left with the one or even two admins at that time of night and posts begin to kick off, then believe me, those gals work damn hard to make sure things settle down as quick as possible.

It is our job to close posts that cause offence.
It is our job to stop conflict.
It is our job make sure the site is ran efficiently and professionaly.

Sandy 110% did the correct thing in closing the post. ANY of the other admins would have done the same. I think it was cruel and unfair that she was named the way she was.

Regards

Lisa
x

june
15-04-09, 14:17
I copied this from honeybee3939 (sorry) I could not find any better words to add

Like you say Nic the admins/chat mods do a great job here on NMP, i dont think they get the gratitude they deserve at times which really upsets me.

You all keep up the good work !:yesyes: your all stars in my eyes ! thanks for making the site run as good as it should !

:yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes:
Well done and A big thank you
for all the (unseen /unnoticed) work you do:yesyes:
Best wishes
June
:hugs:

suzy-sue
15-04-09, 14:58
Rules are rules and are there for a reason.Personally i dont see why its necessary to be so personal,we all have our opinions but their is a way of expressing yourself surely ?without causing people to get upset.The Admins and Chat mods do a very hard job and have to make decisions which they see fit.People need to respect that.They make this site a great place to be ! WELL DONE and thankyou you all do a great job.. SUE :hugs:

diane07
15-04-09, 16:12
I can't understand why anyone would want to cause such stress to the admins and poor sandy to have to put up with this, its just not on, its not right and it certainly isn't fair.

Sandy you do a fantastic job just as the rest of the admins do!

di xx

Piglet
15-04-09, 17:38
Honeybee and myself as admins from the past both know only too well how hard it can be at times.

I didn't read the post last night but can only echo what's just been said - admins tread a thin line and always aim to come from the stand point of understanding and responsibility.

They can't please all of the people all of the time but boy they don't half try and for that they deserve our thanks and support! :yesyes: :hugs:

Love Piglet :flowers:

Jaco45er
15-04-09, 19:34
Just giving my support to admin and mods :) and even Blondy ;)

bottleblond
15-04-09, 20:24
Jaco you MUPPET!!!!! :noangel:
XXX

samc100
15-04-09, 22:50
Didn't see the nastiness. Hope you ok Sandy. It's not nice being under attack for doing your job. And you do a fine job (against all odds - cos' we don't make it easy for you !).

yorkylover
15-04-09, 22:52
:bighug1: :bighug1: :bighug1: :bighug1: :bighug1: :bighug1: :bighug1: :bighug1: :bighug1: :bighug1: :bighug1: :bighug1: :bighug1: :bighug1: :bighug1:

eurotrashcub
15-04-09, 23:27
I think it is unacceptable if people leave No More Panic because of the lack of tact and manners of others.

This is a place to help us to heal, not to argue and I am sure the admins work a hell of a lot to keep it going.

Troublemakers should realise that their behaviour makes people's anxiety worse and that is unacceptable.

NoPoet
16-04-09, 22:40
If I saw a thread where someone slags the NMP admins off I would unleash the fabled PsychoPoet ninjtitsu upon them. NMP has been a lifeline to me over the last month, I'm not having anyone threaten it or its staff!

kath135
16-04-09, 22:54
I dont know what happened last night and I dont go into the chatroom very often But when I have gone in searching for help, the staff have always helped me. Onced I asked for help everyone was busy in chat and no one noticed my plee I was just about to leave the chat room when one of the moderators saw me and responded. I cant remember her name but I was so gratefull. I think you all do a wonderfull job.

Thank you soooooooooooooooooooo much.:flowers: :bighug1: :bighug1:

kittykat
17-04-09, 11:28
If it wasn't for the admin and moderators on here we really wouldn't have such the great site that we all benefit from and is a lifeline to so many......so thanks guys :flowers: :flowers:

Rous
17-04-09, 18:55
Contrary to what my original name was on here I'm not much of a talker, here in the Forum or in Chat, but today, just once, I'm going to try and live up to that name.

I'd just like to start by adding my support for the Admins & Mods too.

Personally I don't like to see folk upset, especially if I had unintentionally did it or was a part of what caused them upset, I've practically ran away each time it's happened. In the past on Chat I have literally stuck my foot in my mouth on 3 occasions, by not realising Members have phobias which they can't bear to hear, see or even think about as it brings back horrible memories for them. I myself suffer nightmares every night because of what has happened in my life so far and many other Members on here do too.

Sadly, today, I was told of something that happened in Chat a couple of nights ago where practially all those in there turned on one Member. That would be a nightmare if it were to happen to any of us. I was told of the incident today and the fact that this one Member has done something that many of us have done or thought about doing when things get real tough. I sincerely hope they pull through it as I did.

I mention the above because even though I may have unintentionally goofed in the past I condemn the behaviour of all who were involved in turning against that one member as well as the incident on the Forum last night. All of us (Members/Admins & Mods) come here for help and support, not to become the focal point of a barrage of abusive comments.

I honestly do not know who was involved in that incident in Chat or the incident in the Forum where folk turned on Sandy, and to be honest I really do not want to know for I couldn't bear the thought that Members I call friends could have been involved. I would be so ashamed I could not restrain myself from comment so I personally do not want to know.

I will say this though to all who were abusive in both incidents...

You should be ashamed of yourselves and that you too should remember why you came here originally, for help & support.

If you think of continuing that dreadful behaviour expressed during these incidents then I, and probably many many others, would rather you left No More Panic immediately, because all you're doing by these incidents is destroying the very thing that can provide help & support for not only others but yourselves too in the future, you may find yourself alone when you need help the most.

To all Members/Admins & Mods I'd like to say this...

We all need No More Panic, the Site, the Forum & the Chat for the Help, Support & Comfort it brings, we would not be here otherwise.

Together we all make No More Panic what it is and if we start turning on ourselves then we will destroy it completely and leave us all alone in the dark.

Members support the Admins & Mods, Admins & Mods support the Members.

We all support each other, it's what makes No More Panic what it is.

That's all I have to say, now I'll return quietly back in to the shadows.

Thank you for reading, take care and be safe all.

StandFree1903
17-04-09, 19:05
Rousel has a great point about people who basically use and abuse the system.

I came on here to relax with anxiety and nearly all i have seen is other people attacking each other. Now we all know that this wont help anyone progress.

The Mods and Admin staff can do all they can at the moment, and they are doing a great job in bringing up subjects like this...

This is bullying people, you should be ashamed of yourselfs.

I have only been in a few nights as i always tend to fall asleep with the chat on, but this really has to stop now!

bottleblond
17-04-09, 20:22
Sadly, today, I was told of something that happened in Chat a couple of nights ago where practially all those in there turned on one Member. That would be a nightmare if it were to happen to any of us. I was told of the incident today and the fact that this one Member has done something that many of us have done or thought about doing when things get real tough. I sincerely hope they pull through it as I did.

Rousel.....

Apologies but i just need to correct this if you don't mind.

Yes there was an incident in the chat room where an argument broke out.
No, NOT every member in there turned on this person.
In fact 3 members apologized for causing offence to the member.

No one is accountable for what this member then did. I'm sorry if that sounds rather harsh but it was an argument between members in a chat room. What happens when a member leaves the chat room is an individual choice, no one else is responsible for that.

Can we again reassure members that we have investigated the chat logs thoroughly and appropriate measures have been put in place to stop further problems of this nature.

Kind regards

Lisa
NMP Administrator

Rous
18-04-09, 00:30
My thanks Lisa.

My apologies also, I did not intend to mean that that incident was the cause, just that it was probably a factor later on.

Forgive me, my vocabulary ain't really that good, too much time alone in my life, I dont use talk/speech much.

Thanks again Lisa, the full incident was explained to me and I apologise to anyone else who was there but not involved.

And I'd like to say that I'm glad to hear that the Member is ok, and doing well.

Take care & be safe all, I'm just putting on my night-time camo gear before slinking back in to the shadows.

mickh555
18-04-09, 04:14
I,ve left the site now (only signed in because of email about chat)So i dont have to worry about being polite about the idiots who cause the grief on this site.It is painfully obvious that there is a clique of clowns who use chat 24/7.The problem is ,they would have been thrown of any other site.On here, your kindness is perceived as weakness.To me,you are not being considerate to genuine people looking for help by letting the few sad cases talk trash to others.Anyway i hope you get the site to how it was intended to be .Goodbye and good luck. PS ..To the people i refer to.Feel free to slag me behind my back.You KNOW you wouldnt do it in the real world.

bottleblond
18-04-09, 10:24
My thanks Lisa.

My apologies also, I did not intend to mean that that incident was the cause, just that it was probably a factor later on.

Bless you Rousel, you have absolutely nothing to apologise for. :hugs:
XXX

bottleblond
18-04-09, 10:29
I,ve left the site now (only signed in because of email about chat)So i dont have to worry about being polite about the idiots who cause the grief on this site.It is painfully obvious that there is a clique of clowns who use chat 24/7.The problem is ,they would have been thrown of any other site.On here, your kindness is perceived as weakness.To me,you are not being considerate to genuine people looking for help by letting the few sad cases talk trash to others.Anyway i hope you get the site to how it was intended to be .Goodbye and good luck. PS ..To the people i refer to.Feel free to slag me behind my back.You KNOW you wouldnt do it in the real world.

As i said in my previous post, we do have measures in place to cut down on any problems there have been in the chat room.

I'm sorry you are leaving us Mick and i really do wish you lots of luck for the future.

Lisa
x

nomorepanic
18-04-09, 11:28
It still amazes me that we are meant to be mind-readers.

If people don't tell us about problems then we DON'T know about them so don't blame the admins and mods thank you.

Mick - goodbye and good luck.

finny12000
18-04-09, 12:02
Maybe its time on nmp to get back to basics and the fundemental reasons
why it came about in the first place.
Tolerance..Information...Understanding...Support and Respect.
Theres been to much negativity lately with who said what where how ect and lack of respect for admins and mods who freely give there time to run this site.Also a lot of new members will be thinking what the hells going on in here all the time when there was none of this negativity when i joined many moons ago.
Lets brush away the cobwebs here and start afresh,mind the goal were all after is no more panic not panic in nmp lol

samc100
18-04-09, 14:27
I think people should remember that we are guests on this site.

And whilst we are guests on the site then we use our common decency to treat others as we would wish others to treat ourselves.

If you don't like the rules then go and do your own site. But the rules are not that strict and they are fair.

flymo9
19-04-09, 10:29
hi everyone.........on behalf of the person who had incident in
chat(with 3 members) and consequently/partly afterwards another incident.....they wish the subject to be dropped and not discussed any further..... by admin or other nmp members.
they would like to have a little dignity and ask can the subject be dropped, they do not want to be centre of attention and feel bad enough and they hope u will all respect their request. they are recovering and wish to move on with their life now and ask others to do same. They will not be coming back into chat but still wish people to not discuss the matter any further thanks for listening and I hope you all understould request thanks xx

flymo9
19-04-09, 10:32
P.S For the record i think admin /mods jobs hard enough and they to are in our boat, we all need to be more respectful of each other and remember, what may not upset one person can be devastating on another...so we all have to take care.....xxxxxxxxx

flymo9
19-04-09, 10:39
P.P.S Nic or lisa, can u maybe please put an official thread to ask people not to discuss the above like I worte, Im highly concerned for the person involved in incident, as I was talking with her for 3 hrs night of the after incident and know how hard and traumatic this has all been for them and their family........they just want matter closed all round now....thanks and hope you can help xx

nomorepanic
19-04-09, 21:25
P.P.S Nic or lisa, can u maybe please put an official thread to ask people not to discuss the above like I worte, Im highly concerned for the person involved in incident, as I was talking with her for 3 hrs night of the after incident and know how hard and traumatic this has all been for them and their family........they just want matter closed all round now....thanks and hope you can help xx
Hiya Mo

I think by posting another thread about it will just bring it all back in the spotlight so it is best just left now and not mentioned. Of course people will discuss it - that is human nature - but we all wish the member the best.

flymo9
20-04-09, 07:11
:yesyes: Thanks Nic, your right actually , another thread would keep it going, sometimes Im a bit blond lol...But I appreciate you replying to me and thanks for wishing member the best, Il pass it on as I dont think she feels able to come back here for a long while, but thanks Im sure she will appreciate your words Nic xxx
Hope your health is a bit better too, as you have had your fair share huh...take care and cheers xxx Mo xx:yesyes:

Hiya Mo

I think by posting another thread about it will just bring it all back in the spotlight so it is best just left now and not mentioned. Of course people will discuss it - that is human nature - but we all wish the member the best.

mumof4
24-04-09, 16:12
hi

just wanted to say i dont really know what happened but i think its really unfair to attack mods i feel that you guys do a great job in chat and i know yous work hard to make this site what it is,

i dont post alot but been using the chat a fair bit in the last week and i havent really seem much attacking but if i did i would be reporting it.