PDA

View Full Version : I'm getting counselling :D

NoPoet
15-04-09, 12:15
:yesyes:

I have been to my doctor as it is the end of my first month on citalopram. The difference between how I feel now and how I was then is quite startling.

I got the results of the blood test I had 6 weeks ago (I kept forgetting to ask the doctor about it) and everything came back clean except for slightly raised cholesterol which he said is acceptable for someone my age. He said I am healthier than he is.

I've got my second months' worth of 20mg citalopram. The doctor asked me what side effects I'd had and said this month the medication should take its maximum effect.

The best part of all is that I am being referred on for counselling. They actually have a counsellor at my local practice (a 2-minute walk from my house lol) and she is on holiday til next Friday, so it will be a week and a half before I hear back. This is much better than my old doctors where the waiting time was at least 6 weeks!

I'm so pleased, I honestly believe counselling will make a difference and might end up fixing me!

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

bishops
15-04-09, 14:46
Great news:yesyes: Im staring my cbt next week, like you a 5 min walk away,i was lucky that my doc put me down for this as its new funding and im the first person on it, 6 to 12 weeks i understand. Had a pre session last week which was great. Hopefully now 2 and a bit weeks and my meds (prozac) will start to kick in its aready helping my ocd after 2 weeks:yesyes: . GOOD ON YOU AND GOOD LUCK

bishops
15-04-09, 14:48
thats 6 to 12 weeks cbt not waiting time the wholeprocess took just 3 weeks from the doc contacting the unit and my first introduction session

honeybee3939
15-04-09, 15:27
HI There

Great to read of your good news!:yesyes: Im sure the councilling will be a great help to you!

Good luck and let us know how things go!:flowers:

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxx

NoPoet
15-04-09, 18:02

Bishops, let us know how you get on with the CBT!

I've had a fairly anxious day today -- this year has brought nothing but bad news and my best mate has been in a strop since yesterday! Bring on the counselling!! :)