PDA

View Full Version : :'( I don't know what to do

Alexy
15-04-09, 12:55
Im sorry i know iv posted so much recently, but everything seems to be going wrong..

Now iv just had severe anal/rectal pains just before a bowel movement..please someone tell me its not cancer:(

Also, does anyone find that they notice EVERYTHING about their illness like on tv and stuff? Like before i had to turn over this morning, cos they were going on about brain stuff, and im scared i have a brain tumor, and just then i turned over loose women, cos i think they were on about bowel cancer:( I just think its like a sign:(:(:(:(

Vanilla Sky
15-04-09, 13:55
Yes Alexy, its bad enough dealing with whats going on in our heads without every tv programme discussing it ! I can get symptoms of an illness just listening to it , then i think i have it ! Its just the anxiety making everything bigger than it is . Why do we not have something trivial, we dont take that on board do we only the most horrible life threatening things is what our anxiety wants to keep going!! Anxiety can make the weirdest things happen to the bowels and the pains you get are no more than that.... anxiety thats why a lot of people with anx get IBS which can be very painful but it doesnt mean you have or are going to get cancer. Check yourself every time you find yourself getting drawn in to health scares, turn the tv over go do something to take your mind of it, your fine hon dont worry Love Paige x

rhianna
15-04-09, 18:47
There is so much in the media that just feeds our fears. I am a teacher and last Summer I had 6 weeks holiday. I planned to try and relax and bought a paper everyday determined to try and have half an hour'off' each day - I don't really do relax but I so wish I could. In the end I stopped buying the paper. There was never one single day when there wasn't an article about cancer - especially horrible ones. they instigated several horrendous scares for me. The TV and magazines too are full of stories. I used to see it as a sign but it isn't. It is just that we are so tuned into everything surrounding the subject. Paige was right. Try turning off the telly or not opening the book. DEFINITELY don't Google! x