PDA

View Full Version : Just had another Panic Attack

daniel22
15-04-09, 14:11
two nights ago i had a really bad panic attack in front of my partner, my partner does support me me but that night he told one of his friends who then called me a fool and im pathetic. i felt alot of anger within because of this and then started to have a big panic attack, lasted for about 10 mins. i couldnt breath nor talk. everythink in my body whent tight with pins n neddles in my face arms and chest disconfort. why do people judge us becuase we have panic attacks/anxiety. a nurse was on the phone helping me fight this panic attack and i beat it. but now this person who judges me is saying some horrible things and i dont see how me having a panic attack is my fault. has anyone else had this before or similier!

gtrgrl3369
15-04-09, 14:23
I am so sorry this has happened to you. Some people can be so insensitive and cruel when we need them the most. People fear what they dont understand. This person needs to be removed from your life until further notice. I have been lucky and have really supportive people in my life to help. I am also one who doesnt care what other people think of me. I think you were feeling the pins and needles from hyperventilating. Try and do some deep breathing. It really helps. Panic attacks are scary especially when you feel as though you cant breathe. Learning how to breathe right through an attack helps so much. Take care and pm me if I can help with anything.:hugs:

bishops
15-04-09, 14:51
People are so STUPID take no notice and tell them you want nothing to do with them, they aint worth it

Sarah Virginia
15-04-09, 18:46
two nights ago i had a really bad panic attack in front of my partner, my partner does support me me but that night he told one of his friends who then called me a fool and im pathetic. i felt alot of anger within because of this and then started to have a big panic attack, lasted for about 10 mins. i couldnt breath nor talk. everythink in my body whent tight with pins n neddles in my face arms and chest disconfort. why do people judge us becuase we have panic attacks/anxiety. a nurse was on the phone helping me fight this panic attack and i beat it. but now this person who judges me is saying some horrible things and i dont see how me having a panic attack is my fault. has anyone else had this before or similier!
I'm sorry to hear that somebody things your panic attacks are nothing. I have suffered panic attacks for years and would no wish them on my worse enemy. I bet the person who is not sympathetic would not like to experience one. My bosses at work have been very cruel as I have had to take a few days off work. Just because you dont have anything on the outside of you people can be very non understanding and are obviously no very well informed about panic attacks, the other day I printed out what a panic attack was and gave it to my boss perhaps you could do the same for this person and then maybe they will understand. Keep stong and good luck.

bel25
15-04-09, 19:45
I'm sorry you've had to experience that. I've actually had mixed experiences: one was my sister and mum, who weren't very understanding but they only talk about it if i bring it up so i just don't bother anymore- i have lots of supportive people i can talk to so i just don't bother consulting them (or even telling them) if i feel ill now. The other was actually the opposite; i was having to walk out the room at work a lot and i thought my collegues thought i was weird but when i was fine again and they were talking about it to me, i asked them what people were saying about me and they said they were just concerned! So people didn't think i was stupid or anything like i thought. That friend of your partners shouldn't have said that. He obviously doesn't understand otherwise he wouldn't have said that to you: he is the pathetic fool for judging something he doesn't understand. I assure you that you're not pathetic or a fool and (i know it's easy to say) but try not to think about it- is he really worth it? I think not.
xxx

emma30982
15-04-09, 19:53
people don't really understand unless they experiance it. big hug hang in there your not alone
emma x