PDA

View Full Version : Hi..New from NY

mdLc
15-04-09, 15:45
Hi..I have been dealing with panic/anxiety since 1997..I have had brief periods where the panic seemed to melt away but return again..sort of the on again off again monster.

well now..my panic attacks/anxiety has returned full force and with a vengance...I find myself missing work alot..which is something i never did before..i went to my dr. last week who put me on xanax to help but i am weary of taking it on a daily basis..dont know why ..I am just scared to.
I am fearful of so many things and am constantly thinking and worrying.

I often find myself with these feelings from morning to night with brief interuptions throughout the day...havent been falling asleep until at least 5 am and find myself pacing most of the night away....

I have to say though that i do carry around a nintendo ds and play tetris to try and divert myself from going into full panic mode..sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt..(also have to come up with reasons to tell my 10 year old who would like her ds back)

I am trying to find any way to get back to my old self or at least part of it..

M

Southern_Belle
16-04-09, 04:10
Hi M,

Welcome to NMP. Many here will understand how you have been feeling and will give their support.

Take care,

Laura

kittykat
17-04-09, 11:14
Hi there and :welcome: to the site, lots of good advice and support on here, take care xx

Patty
18-04-09, 13:38
Hi M, :hugs:

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Best wishes :flowers: