PDA

View Full Version : Ups and Downs

samtheman
15-04-09, 16:55
Do you have days/periods where you are more or less anxiety and depression free. You can pretty much doing anything you want, then other days where you feel totally rubbish?

Last week I felt excellent, content, happy with life. This week I feel totally hopless, I've went out and tried to get on with things but it doesn't get any better, I still feel rubbish, on edge, in a mood.

Sadly this week I am off work on holiday, I wanted to go out and do things with the kids, which i have done the past couple of days but it was just not enjoyable while I am in this mood, then next week when stuck in work i'll be full of regrets.

Its just a constant up and down. However I've found little things like someone paying me a compliment can snap me out of it, yet I don't seem able to snap myself out of it.

Do you have these problems?

Plumpetals
15-04-09, 17:02
I can totally relate Sam. Maybe you're thinking too much about going back to work and that's putting pressure on you to enjoy your holiday. I know that may sound silly, but I think that's the case with me sometimes when I have to go to a party or social event - I'm so worried about whether or not I'm going to have fun etc. etc. that I end up feeling miserable - not enjoying the party and feeling terrible afterwards (especially if I didn't go!)

Hope you feel better!!
Plum.

honeybee3939
15-04-09, 17:02
Hi Sam

IM having a day much like that today, i dont even feel like taking the dog for a walk which is unlike me:weep: .

Im on holiday from work this week also and to be honest i dont like having holidays when im stuck at home on my own. I like routine i actualy feel better when i get up in the morning and go to work, its like the day as a purpose.

Hope you better tommo hun and manage a fun filled day.:yesyes:

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxx

samtheman
15-04-09, 17:23
Hi Sam

IM having a day much like that today, i dont even feel like taking the dog for a walk which is unlike me:weep: .

Im on holiday from work this week also and to be honest i dont like having holidays when im stuck at home on my own. I like routine i actualy feel better when i get up in the morning and go to work, its like the day as a purpose.

Hope you better tommo hun and manage a fun filled day.:yesyes:

Love
Andrea
xxxx

I'm like that, need routine, but then when at work I wish I was off orsomething. Can't bloody win

honeybee3939
15-04-09, 17:36
but then when at work I wish I was off orsomething. Can't bloody win

LOL thats me too hun !! No you cant win can you!:shrug:

Love
Andrea
xxxx

Plumpetals
15-04-09, 19:53
I also think routine is good for me. My mind has too much time to wander and create reasons to be anxious when I've got time on my hands. Wish I could just relax!!