PDA

View Full Version : quitting smoking (again)

eeyorelover
15-08-05, 15:14
Well guys and gals -
I have decided once again to try and quit smoking. This will be my hundred millionth (not really :) time trying to quit and I have decided that I am really determined this time so I need some ideas on the best way to stop cuz quitting cold turkey hasn't worked so far. I would really like not to be a witch (cleaned that up) for weeks on end.
So will you all that have quit please leave messages on how you did it. Maybe it will give me an idea on how I'm going to do this.
It's funny cuz I convinced myself that I could quit whenever I wanted and now that I want to I am having problems doing it. That's a bummer, huh?!!!

Meg
15-08-05, 15:24
HELP TO STOP SMOKING (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=599)
Teaching (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4576)
Giving up smoking! (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=531)

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

pinkscrumpy
15-08-05, 15:25
Hiya

I managed to quit with the lozengers. They seemed to work best for me. Didn't get on with the patches.

I think it was because with the lozengers you have something to put in your mouth when you need a fag.

I also cleaned my teeth after I ate something as after food was my worse time.

good luck we will all try and help you.

:D:D

MANDIE XX

seh1980
15-08-05, 16:01
Good luck with it Eeyore!! :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

michelleann
17-08-05, 19:01
i quit by decreasing my nicotine intake and smoked milder ciggies, was like smoking fresh air at first but then got use to them, but my partner has just quit using paul mckenna quit smoking cd he said it was hard but the cd was great help.
good luck hun
michelle xxx

Quirky
17-08-05, 21:47
My husband has just quit using patches, he was a heavy smoker and coped really well on patches.

Laurie28
19-08-05, 16:14
I quit for six months using the patches

I swear by them!!

L
x

Daniel
02-10-05, 09:28
The patches worked for me too, they allowed me to break the habit of smoking after meals, before sleeping and when I first wake and not having to worry about the cravings which I dealt with later.

They did give me erotic dreams though which was a bonus.:D

'After the rain comes the sun'

chucklehound
02-10-05, 15:39
I gave up going 'cold turkey', and I have been off the fags now for 9 months. I still find it difficult but everyday I don't have a fag is an achievement.
Hope that you are doing well!!

ANXIETY26
02-10-05, 15:58
Good Luck,

I have also wanted to quit smoking for a long time now. Hope you can manage it and wish you success.

Paul

lin
02-10-05, 16:11
Hi eeyore

Good luck with trying to quit.....i hope you succeed!!!!!!!

linda xx

Wannabeloved85
09-11-05, 16:56
Im glad someone brought this up! im 20, and been a smoker since i was 15. i really want to stop because im out of breath sooo much and being house bound, im like the youngest chain smoker ever!And i dont feel healthy at all. But...i was also told that giving up smoking while having panic disorder was a bad idea as it makes anxiety worse and a panic attack more likely.
Good luck though! hope i ha the gutts one day!!
Becci x x x