PDA

View Full Version : Diabetes, anemia or anxiety

j2
15-04-09, 19:12
For months I have been getting recurring pain in my big toes, and index fingers. I also get a strange feeling in my tongue like I burned it, but I haven't. Sometimes the pain in my toes and fingers is at the tip and sometimes it is more like an ache in the joints. I am scared that this is undiagnosed diabetes or anemia and that those are symptoms of a tumor somewhere fatal. I use the bathroom frequently but I have for years. Dr says this is a symptom of anxiety. I have not be to the dr for these latest fears since I think I am beginning to annoy him. I am not overweight and i exercise regulary but I am scared to death. Any information would be great. And yes, I made the mistake of using Dr. Google.

Thanks

rhianna
15-04-09, 19:51
We all know that we shouldn't google but we all do it! It is full of scare mongering and the sites that come up first are those hit most frequently . They are not always accurate (far from it) and have no idea of overall picture. When I was having CBT my councellor made me concentrate on part of my body and it was amazing how I was able to make it throb and became really aware of it. It was supposed to show me just how powerful the mind is. Trouble is its easy to forget. Burning tongue syndrome is well documanted stress related symptom. Focus on yor toes and fingers you can make them throb. Honestly. Hopoe this helps

lesleya
15-04-09, 21:49
Hi hun
From what you describe it doesnt sound like diabetes. Im diabetic and the symptoms i had which are the common ones... frequently running to the loo, terrible thirst, loss of weight, lethargy etc. Maybe it could be just normal wear and tear on your joints that make them ache as you say you exercise regularly? but if your really worried have a word with your gp and im sure can put your mind at ease.
Hope your feeling better.
Take care
xxx