PDA

View Full Version : Some advice needed

jayneee
15-04-09, 20:05
hi, im wondering if anyone could offer me some advice. I have been suffreing from most of the symtoms of panic/anxiety for over a year now and ive decided enough is enough. But I just dont know where to start? What to do? I have friends and family but I just want it to go away. Is this possible or is it something I just have to learn how to control. any advice would be much appreciated! I have tried things like exercise, change of diet, breathing etc but none of this works. :shrug:

Veronica H
15-04-09, 20:22
:welcome: Jaynee. Glad you have found us. There is a brilliant book by Dr Claire Weekes called 'self help for your nerves', published by Thorsons. This is available from the NMP Shop. Her work can also be downloaded free to your MP3 from the shop. I can not recommend this enough as it really explains what is happening to us, and how we can recover. This will get better.

Veronica

jayneee
15-04-09, 20:40
Hi Veronica,

THanks for replying, ok ill have a look thanks again!:hugs:

Vanilla Sky
15-04-09, 20:48
You have found the right place, Welcome , you will find loads of support and understanding Love Paige x

everhopefull
15-04-09, 21:03
hello
Im suffering the same as you and have been sick from work for 6 months. Im finding that the only way that seems to help (I know it sounds silly) is to overcome the fear of death.........you may think that sounds mad but I think that if you take away the fear of dying then the fear subsides xx

Southern_Belle
16-04-09, 04:17
Hi,

Welcome to NMP. Many here will understand how you have been feeling and will give their support. I have found that trying to just live in the moment and not think of all the "what ifs" helps me. I tend to get out of control when I let my mind go into the past or future. Very difficult to do though.

Take care,

Laura

Tori Frances
16-04-09, 09:22
Cognitive behavioural therapy is very popular and apparently has excellent evidence to show it works in overcoming anxiety. Have only just started mine so can't vouch for it yet myself but am going to kreep going. Your dr should be able to refer you and easy to get on nhs now.
If things are really bad various medications can help ease symptoms so you can function in the mean time. This is the route I have chosen as my anxiety v severe but not everyone's cup of tea.

adrenaline
16-04-09, 20:22
hi there

kittykat
17-04-09, 11:18
Hi there and :welcome: to the site, lots of good advice and support on here, take care xx