PDA

View Full Version : Help please with seroxat

sharona
15-04-09, 20:40
Hello

I have been on seroxat for 5 weeks now for my anxiety. I have felt better the last few days on it but am suffering awful side effects from it which are realy frighening. I am getting electric shocks in my head. I know these are symptoms of anxiety but they still frighten me. I also read some of the nightmare stories on here when people have tried to come off it, that has now scared me into thinking I should come off them and maybe try something else especially a this early stage? My gp did menion citralapram but said seroxat was beter for anxiety. Can someone please give me some advice.
I would love to talk to anyone who knows a little bit more than me as this is my first time on anti depressants, which may I add ar not really making me smile,are they supposed to?

Lookforward to some advice please.

Sharona

SueBee
15-04-09, 21:23
Hi Sharona,

Not really an expert but I have taken seroxat for the last 7 years or so. I started off on 20mg, then up to 30mg when my panic and anxiety returned early last year.

What dose are you on? there could be a possibility that its too high. I've only ever had head shocks if i miss a few doses in a row, not as a side effect when i started. I'd suggest you go back to your doc sooner rather than later because it is a difficult medication to stop or switch.

As for being a happy pill........ definitely not. Dont get me wrong, it does do its job, but it can take quite a few months to see the full effect.

George
15-04-09, 21:39
Hi Sharona,

I know how you feel and its not nice. I have been on Seroxat for just over 18 months and the first few weeks was horrible. I am now on 40 mg and feel this is the correct level for me. I was actually on Citalopram initially and it pushed me over the edge.Like you I have never been on any prescriptions like these before and also heard about the downsides when coming off them.
I got additional advice and was told as long as you come off them in a controlled manner under a doctors supervision you should be fine. I would suggest talking with your doctor. I also had like electric shocks in my arms but it passed.

I really hope you get the support you need, just remember that there are lots of people having the same expirience.

All the best
GOERGE

sharona
16-04-09, 06:36
Hi

Thank you both, I am going to talk to my doctor, i am only taking 10mg but these head shocks are shocking (excuse the pun).

I readall the feedback on here and it just frightened me, i kept thinking how am i supposed to come off these and i only jus started.

Thank you again

Saron

tiger22007
21-04-09, 05:17
I have been on seroxat for a long time have tried coming of them on numerous occasions but been unable to ,electric shocks,really aggresive mood swings steer clear of these tablets try something else.This is only my symptoms but I wish I had never been prescribed these.Hope you get things sorted all the best.