PDA

View Full Version : Back to work

strawberry1756
15-04-09, 21:37
Hi

I have done it and gone back to work today after having 4 months off!! without panicking!!! and I cant wait to get back in there again Friday. :yesyes:

The only thing is though I am finding day to day organisation a nightmare! for example planning the next day with what I have to do like taking my car for MOT, going to the Dentist, Going to the Gym and meeting with friends etc. My memory has got absolutley terrible I am only 26 but feel like 106! I got in a bit of a flap earlier because I went to work in the morning then when I got home found my cat had a swollen foot couldnt walk so had to whip him off to the vets. After all the comotion Id forgotton to go to my CBT session which is sooooooo important to me. I cant believe I forgot! I have to wait ages for another one now and Im worried it might set me back a bit.

Anyway I am glad I made it back in to work, Im just worried I wont be able to carry out my tasks as competently as before because my job need really good organisation and memory skills. I am thinking its maybe the Citalopram, but Id rather have memory loss as a side affect than go through that hell again of constant 24/7 anxiety!

Anyway after all that walfling I just wanted to say thanks to all those on here who have given me advice when I was at some really low points. It helped me to get through them. Im not fully recovered but Id like to think that I am on the right road. :flowers:

joans60
15-04-09, 21:48
Hi there that is great news that you have gone back to work.
Iwent back to work last week after 5 months of and I was fine.
I am also on the same medication as yourself
what mg are you on and how long have you been on them.
I have been on them for 7 weeks and I am only on 10mg
Keep the good work up.

Joan

strawberry1756
15-04-09, 22:01
Hi Joan

I have been on them for about 12 weeks, and I am on 40mg I wasnt really feeling much effect on 20mg. The 40 seems to be doing the trick though xx

suzy-sue
15-04-09, 22:14
Well done Strawberry! i think you can definately put the memory prob down to the cit,ive got a bit of a problem with that at the moment,i am also on 40mg.Keep a note book with you& jot things down,it does help,providing you remember to look at it lol. You ll find things will get easier at work,once you get back into the swing of things. All the best Sue :hugs:

Kells81
15-04-09, 22:36
Hey Strawberry, well done for going back and getting on so well!

I knew you could do it after last time xxx

strawberry1756
15-04-09, 23:00
Sue, I have just bought a new diary so hopefully that will help. Thanks Kelly Im glad i did it this time. xxxxxxxxxxx:flowers: