PDA

View Full Version : Help! Don't know what to do!

mothermac
16-04-09, 01:36
I have suffered from anxiety all my life in one way or another and have posted here quite a few times and got some lovely replies off folk who sound great but I feel so alone in my current problem.
I work for Tesco and have only been with them since November of last yr,anyway the job is going well(or so I thought) and I have only been off sick once in January with a bad hip which I am undergoing treatment for,yesterday I had a terrible sore throat and felt quite ill so missed another shift and popeed to the docs for some antibiotics which he gave me after seeing my throat,went back today and they have said my absence is now 4.32% and will have to see the store manager on Friday to discuss it,also I feel as if they are treating me differently to some other folk in the shop as they leave me on the till for ages and don't bother to ask me to train on other things.I know some of you will think it's her anxiety distorting what's really going on but somebody else has noticed this so it can't be in my head.Suffering this illness makes me feel "Am I seeing things wrongly"? and "Do I distort situations and read things into them that arn't there"? or is it just me and my b.......y nerves again.I also had a panicattack 2 weeks ago and had to sit in the staff room for a wee while but recovered and I carried on as normal even though I felt terrible inside,I don't want them to see me as weak or my life there will be doomed.They all are quite clicky and I would like to think they like me and that I fit in but this seems further and further away from attaining at this moment in time,I don't know whether to say how I feel or keep stum as they may look upon me as a trouble maker and then I will be alienated big time.There are only 14 of us in the shop and we all need to get on,I am sorry for rambling but I am really getting worried about this.I don't want my nerves to win again but the battle is so hard and I feel constantly on edge when I am there and someone is going to notice soon(if they already haven't)Why did the gods pick me to have this awful anxiety.but I suppose why not me,it would have been some other b......r wouldn't it?

madelaine
16-04-09, 02:00
ive had loads of sick days and had meetins with my boss and human resources etc dont u worry these people cannot lay u off work they have got to be helping you it is there job to do so do not feel weak u r stronger than many others i love my job and will not let them kick me down ur mental health is important to u take a union rep in next meetin good luck ;=]